Internist, Pediatrician

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Worst doctor I've ever experienced! show details Worst doctor I've ever experienced!
by Suggsy on Feb 6th, 2015

I'm very health conscious and make regular doc appointments. Change in job/insurance meant change in the doctors I've been with for 10 years. I went to her for my annual physical. I explained my med history, including borderline high cholesterol and POS. She seemed fixated on H. pylori even before I did blood work. Absolutely nothing I said substantiated her concern. Well you guessed it, during my follow-up visit she reported that I had H. pylori. Interesting, I've never had that diagnosis before, but okay let me hear her out. In my opinion, she grossly misrepresented H. pylori and said it causes stomach cancer. The treatment was 4 pills for 2 weeks. Whoa, what!? I told her about my aversion to pills and asked for other options. Plus I was a little skeptical about dousing my body with so much medicine so I wanted to do some research and address it at my next visit. I asked if we could focus on, what I considered, more serious health concerns. To which, she began to insinuate that I did not care about my health nor the cancer risks. She absolutely refused to treat me for any other health conditions until I was treated for H. pylori. I was so shocked that I asked her twice if that is what she meant. She stuck to her guns. It was appalling and I question her motives and how she’s benefiting from pushing the drug. Of course, I did research H. pylori. It is an asymptomatic bacteria in the stomach that apparently 2 in 3 people have. While there is an indirect correlation between EXTREME cases of H. pylori and cancer, it’s hardly enough to warrant Dr. Ali’s seemingly unethical behavior. PLUS, 2 doctors later and her diagnosis has not been confirmed. Please note, I am not minimizing how potentially serious this disease can be. Nor am I saying don’t get treated. I will say get a second opinion and BEWARE!

Jan 18th, 2015

Worst doctor I have ever been to. She does not know anything. Complete idiot.

Jan 6th, 2015

I HAVE HAD SEVERE PAIN IN MY LEFT SIDE, SO I WENT TO SEE DR. ALI SINCE SHE WAS REFERRED TO ME BY MY HUSBAND. HE HAD NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HER. AFTER MY VISIT, HE OPINION IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. SHE KEPT BRINGING UP OTHER THINGS SHE WANTED TO PURSUE INSTEAD OF THE ISSUE AT HAND. AFTER SPENDING 3 HOURS IN HER OFFICE AND 2 AT THE XRAY PLACE, I STILL HAVE NO ANSWERS AND STILL IN PAIN. I WOULD NOT ADVISE GOING TO HER UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING TO HAVE A BUNCH OF TESTS RUN THAT ARE NOT NEEDED FOR YOU CURRENT AILMENT!

Questionable practices by the Doc Ali; office is dusty & filthy; almost an hour wait; does not return calls show details Questionable practices by the Doc Ali; office is dusty & filthy; almost an hour wait; does not return calls
by LeVetteS on Dec 12th, 2014

Bully/Scare tactics to force particular unnecessary meds. Refused to treat more serious conditions. Awful bedside-manner!

very helpfull show details very helpfull
by neha desai on Jul 25th, 2014

She is the best doctor ever .She is my daughters pediatrician and understands any concercer i have for my daughter ,Dr Ali will listen to me as though my daughter is only patient she has i am very happy i she choosed her.

The rehman hassan show details The rehman hassan
by Rehman hassan on May 29th, 2014

Very nice very good

Worst office visit ever show details Worst office visit ever
by Wendy on Jan 3rd, 2014

I waited for 2 hours to see Dr. Ali and it was my first visit. She spent less than 2 minutes in the room with me, recommended medication that my insurance will not cover . I explained that to her , she gave me some samples and wrote me a prescription that when I went to get it filled the pharmacist couldn't because the drug is not made in the dosage she recommended. She was gracious enough tho take my office visit fee and I didn't see a value for my money. WHAT A TOTAL DISREGARD FOR MEDICINE- SHE IS A JOKE

Would not recommend show details Would not recommend
Jul 9th, 2013

I had been going to Dr. Ali for a few years. I never thought she was very thorough or knowledgeable from my experiences. I went to her for convenience, and now I know better. I had asked her about vertigo once, which I was experiencing, and she wasn't very helpful. She neither prescribed me anything, which I know overprescribing can be problematic at times, nor did she recommend that I go see an ear, nose & throat doctor, which she should have done since vertigo is typically an inner ear problem. She seems very inexperienced and the fact that she once brought in a medical book to look something up while I was in the room proved that. I also have had to wait 30-45 minutes or more just to see her. I think that is just riduculous especially when I make an early appointment. She's very matter of fact and not very warm either. I switched doctors and it is like night and day now. I'm so glad I don't go to her anymore.

Oct 8th, 2012

Uncompromising, doesn't listen, cold and makes refills for long standing rx awkward and painfully time consuming!

Best Doctor Ever!! show details Best Doctor Ever!!
Jul 11th, 2012

Dr Ali always takes her time to hear what is going on with me. She is very knowledgeable and caring. She found solutions to problems that I had for years and I had visited many doctors who could not help me. You will not be sorry if you choose Dr Ali as your primary doctor, I even referred my parents to her.

Uncaring show details Uncaring
Feb 27th, 2012

I have had kidney stones before and anyone who has had them knows that feeling when you are passing one. I had spent $1300 on ER visits on my last two kidney stones. I felt one passing and went in to see Dr. Ali hoping to bypass going to the ER. She told me to take Ibuprofen and get an ultrasound done. I was shocked. I only go to the doctor once or twice a year, so I know she didn't think I was just begging for pain meds, so my only reasoning was she just didn't believe me. I ended up in the emergency room with two kidney stones. The ER doctor was shocked at my story as was the urologist that he recommended to me. I now have a doctor that said he would just call in a Rx if I felt I was passing another kidney stone and gave me his cell phone number. That is a real doctor. I got a call TWO MONTHS later from her office apologizing because they FORGOT to call me after the results of my ultrasound showed two large kidney stones. Ridiculous.

Jun 1st, 2011

Dr. Ali is well qualified, on top of current medicines, trends and technology, and caring

Rude show details Rude