Dr. Shanaz Ali MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

July 16th, 2016
The wait is terrible even if you get the first appt of the day. She's very nice but never does a physical exam even if you complain about symptoms. And her typical answer to any problem I complain about is just to refer me to a specialist. So I wonder why I need her.

February 5th, 2016
If you look up the definition of "quack" in Websters, you will find her picture....... I would not even rate one star if i had the option.

October 20th, 2015
TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expect to wait, and wait, and wait some more. Then once in the exam room, wait a lot longer. She will will walk in talk to you for a few, ignore anything you have to say, punch some keys on her little cart she pushes around, try to scare you with some outrageous story of a previous patient with same symptoms as yours, which she is misdiagnosed. All i can say is Run far away from this doctor........

February 6th, 2015
Worst doctor I've ever experienced!
I'm very health conscious and make regular doc appointments. Change in job/insurance meant change in the doctors I've been with for 10+ years. I went to her for my annual physical. I explained my med history, including borderline high cholesterol and POS. She seemed fixated on H. pylori even before I did blood work. Absolutely nothing I said substantiated her concern. Well you guessed it, during my follow-up visit she reported that I had H. pylori. Interesting, I've never had that diagnosis before, but okay let me hear her out. In my opinion, she grossly misrepresented H. pylori and said it causes stomach cancer. The treatment was 4 pills for 2 weeks. Whoa, what!? I told her about my aversion to pills and asked for other options. Plus I was a little skeptical about dousing my body with so much medicine so I wanted to do some research and address it at my next visit. I asked if we could focus on, what I considered, more serious health concerns. To which, she began to insinuate that I did not care about my health nor the cancer risks. She absolutely refused to treat me for any other health conditions until I was treated for H. pylori. I was so shocked that I asked her twice if that is what she meant. She stuck to her guns. It was appalling and I question her motives and how she’s benefiting from pushing the drug. Of course, I did research H. pylori. It is an asymptomatic bacteria in the stomach that apparently 2 in 3 people have. While there is an indirect correlation between EXTREME cases of H. pylori and cancer, it’s hardly enough to warrant Dr. Ali’s seemingly unethical behavior. PLUS, 2 doctors later and her diagnosis has not been confirmed. Please note, I am not minimizing how potentially serious this disease can be. Nor am I saying don’t get treated. I will say get a second opinion and BEWARE!

January 18th, 2015
Worst doctor I have ever been to. She does not know anything. Complete idiot.

January 6th, 2015
I HAVE HAD SEVERE PAIN IN MY LEFT SIDE, SO I WENT TO SEE DR. ALI SINCE SHE WAS REFERRED TO ME BY MY HUSBAND. HE HAD NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HER. AFTER MY VISIT, HE OPINION IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. SHE KEPT BRINGING UP OTHER THINGS SHE WANTED TO PURSUE INSTEAD OF THE ISSUE AT HAND. AFTER SPENDING 3 HOURS IN HER OFFICE AND 2 AT THE XRAY PLACE, I STILL HAVE NO ANSWERS AND STILL IN PAIN. I WOULD NOT ADVISE GOING TO HER UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING TO HAVE A BUNCH OF TESTS RUN THAT ARE NOT NEEDED FOR YOU CURRENT AILMENT!

December 12th, 2014
Questionable practices by the Doc Ali; office is dusty & filthy; almost an hour wait; does not return calls
Bully/Scare tactics to force particular unnecessary meds. Refused to treat more serious conditions. Awful bedside-manner!

July 25th, 2014
very helpfull
She is the best doctor ever .She is my daughters pediatrician and understands any concercer i have for my daughter ,Dr Ali will listen to me as though my daughter is only patient she has i am very happy i she choosed her.

May 29th, 2014
The rehman hassan
Very nice very good

January 3rd, 2014
Worst office visit ever
I waited for 2 hours to see Dr. Ali and it was my first visit. She spent less than 2 minutes in the room with me, recommended medication that my insurance will not cover . I explained that to her , she gave me some samples and wrote me a prescription that when I went to get it filled the pharmacist couldn't because the drug is not made in the dosage she recommended. She was gracious enough tho take my office visit fee and I didn't see a value for my money. WHAT A TOTAL DISREGARD FOR MEDICINE- SHE IS A JOKE

July 9th, 2013
Would not recommend
I had been going to Dr. Ali for a few years. I never thought she was very thorough or knowledgeable from my experiences. I went to her for convenience, and now I know better. I had asked her about vertigo once, which I was experiencing, and she wasn't very helpful. She neither prescribed me anything, which I know overprescribing can be problematic at times, nor did she recommend that I go see an ear, nose & throat doctor, which she should have done since vertigo is typically an inner ear problem. She seems very inexperienced and the fact that she once brought in a medical book to look something up while I was in the room proved that. I also have had to wait 30-45 minutes or more just to see her. I think that is just riduculous especially when I make an early appointment. She's very matter of fact and not very warm either. I switched doctors and it is like night and day now. I'm so glad I don't go to her anymore.

October 8th, 2012
Uncompromising, doesn't listen, cold and makes refills for long standing rx awkward and painfully time consuming!