Dr. Shane Lebeau MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Pittsburgh, PA

• Good
  • Bad

May 25th, 2017
Wonderful Dr. and office people.
Dr. Lebeau has always treated me with respect, been very conscientious about my long term health, and his office people are wonderful. I travel quite a distance to see him, and have never waited very long. Timeframe for followups is a little hard to schedule, but they always work with me to get me in as soon as possible. I have NO COMPLAINTS about anything at any of his offices. He keeps in touch and even reminds me of tests that need to be done.

September 12th, 2016
Patient
Great, patient, informative. Great staff in South Hills office

October 2nd, 2015
Dr. Not so Nice
I feel that this Doctor (and I use that term loosely) does not care about his patients. I have had issues with my thyroid for years including Hyperthyroidism and Graves' disease. I've even had an orbital decompression to sink my eyes back into my head. After all this I had an appt. with him as my new endocrinologist. He was rude, told me I was crazy and that I didn't need to see him. He said I didn't have cancer or anything so I was wasting his time. If I could wish my Graves' disease and hypothyroid problems on anyone my first choice would be him!

May 7th, 2015
Expected more from UPMC
I thought he was somewhat condescending and perfunctory. He gives an impression of going "by the book" and isn't so interested in addressing shades of gray. I need someone long term and will be looking for a doctor who is more willing to engage with patients. Unfortunately there aren't very many options in Pittsburgh.

November 2nd, 2012
what I think of him!!!
He is not the Dr. you would want to go to!He is not very professional. I got an appointment for a FNB and he told me he would not do one because it was not necessary even though I have folicualr neoplamn of the thryroid. The last one was done in 2008. I could have thyroid cancer but it did not concern him in the least. I would never go back again!!

February 14th, 2012
getting an appointment
I really only have on issue with his office and that is getting an appointment to see Dr Labaue it is just to hard to make appointments 6 months in advance to get in to see this doctor. He is really overwelmed with patients and needs to take time for the patients that he has now. If you need to make an appointment you need to call aleast 6 months in advance and then if you work hope you can be off that day

May 27th, 2011
It's all about the basic blood test value -- not the individual patient
This physician looks at the test values returned on the laboratory blood tests. If your values fall within or near the range identified as "normal" he concludes that your thyroid is no matter what symptoms you report experiencing. He seems to ignore that those normal ranges refer to the levels of hormones measured in a majority of individuals who are functioning well -- not to EVERYONE. Some individuals with normal T4 and TSH levels are not feeling healthy and functioning well. If he wont't practice medicine one patient at a time and will only practice by the statistical norms, he won't be able to help atypical patients.

August 10th, 2010
Needs To Pay Attention to What Patients Say
Dr. Lebeau is a bright, competent physician. He's up to speed on the latest research and able to communicate well with patients. My one concern is that he consistently disregards any symptoms I report if they don't fit with the science he understands. Here's one example: I had a complete thyroidectomy with a cancer diagnosis, then began losing my hair. Because my preliminary blood work was in the normal range, he refused to even consider that the hair loss could be related to the surgery. And wouldn't authorize a second round of blood work even though I had shifted from a generic version of synthroid to a prescription (with a possible dosage variation of 15% that could account for the hair loss). I think doctors have a responsibility to listen to their patients and problem solve with them until a reasonable resolution is reached. I've felt completely disregarded by Dr. Lebeau on more than one occasion.

February 6th, 2017