Dr. Shane Mccarthy DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 23rd, 2016
I have alot of confidence in Dr McCarthy's knowledge and skill
She always takes time to listen and explain things. Doesn't judge but helps. Is very efficient during the exams and her advice is practical and helpful. She works limited hours, but I haven't had any problems getting a furture routine appointment planned. For a same or next day appointment, if I can't get in to see her, the Physician's assistants are excellent and there's other MD's on staff if needed.

March 30th, 2015
Deserves a good note
New to the Springs area and searched high and low through doctors around town. Despite negative online reviews I decided to give Dr. McCarthy a try and I have to say that hands down, she deserves a good, positive note to turn the tides. This was my first visit with her, but I have absolutely no intentions of switching PCPs any time soon. The nurses in her office were friendly and polite. There was never a moment during which I was waiting for more than 5 minutes at a time. Dr. McCarthy was calm, personable, easy to talk to, and I found her personality to be delightful. She was very matter-of-fact, but not in a bad way. She just doesn't beat around the bush, which I appreciate. She spent plenty of time talking with me and asking me questions, and she made me feel as though she genuinely cared about me as a patient. She listened to my concerns and took the time to consider what my best option would be regarding the questions I had. I may be just another face in her busy day as a doctor, but I never once felt like it while in the exam room with her. I am excited that she is now my PCP and I would recommend her to anyone that asks.

April 5th, 2011
Nice enough but had to wait TOO LONG
This is the second time I've seen Dr McCarthy. Although she's nice enough both times I've seen her I've waited nearly an hour before she came in the exam room. This time she didn't even apologize for the long wait. I was told by the nurse "it'll be 15-20 mins." Yeah right! I'm disappointed - when she did come in she asked questions but then she didn't listen to the complete answer. It's like she was rushing me because of her lack of time management. I doubt I'll be seeing her again.