Dr. Shane Russell MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 4th, 2017
Very informative
I would recommend Dr. Russell for anyone trying to conceive but we specifically saw him for a vasectomy reversal. We are not married but have been together for many years. My boyfriend had his vasectomy 12 years ago. Dr. Russell started out by answering all of my millions of questions with kindness and was very prompt in returning my calls. The process started by my bf having blood work to verify that he is still producing sperm. The doctor called me to give me the results. (The bf highly dislikes phone calls) The results were great so we were ready to schedule. I had a medical situation that could potentially delay my ability to conceive so we had to cancel and postpone. Dr. Russell was very understanding with this. Once we scheduled and arrived at the surgery center Doctor met with us to go over any questions or concerns beforehand. The surgery took a couple of hours but he came out while the bf was in recovery to let me know how it went. The process can be done by either vas to vas, vas to epi, or epi to epi. The first being the most favorable. My bf had a vas to vas on one side and vas to epi on the other. This decreased our total chances of success to around 75%. His recovery was about a week and as a labor worker he took that full week off. None of the store bought ice packs worked for comfort so I created my own with snack size Ziploc baggies with ice and water wrapped in sterile gauze. His scrotum remained tight and slightly higher than normal for about 5 months. Not uncomfortable to him though. At now almost 7 months post op we are expecting our next bundle of joy! I couldn't be more pleased with this entire process and the helpfulness of Dr. Russell and his staff. Be sure to follow all of recommendations with the ibuprofen and vitamins afterwards. And women, make sure you look into how you can improve your chances. Good luck to all and God bless

June 2nd, 2017
Excellent male fertility doctor
Dr. Russell is knowledgeable, professional, and kind.

October 1st, 2015
Dr. Russell was amazing throughout our entire reversal process...from phone consult, day of surgery, and follow up! The surgery was a complete success and we were pregnant within the first month! We have a healthy and happy 3 1/2 month old son!!

August 28th, 2013
Exceptional Experience
Dr. Russel & his staff helped throughout the whole process, from scheduling the appointment, lodging, pre op & post op care exceptionally well. His expertise in the procedure helped put me at ease before and after the process. Thanks!

November 19th, 2012
Very happy with results
We were referred to Dr. Russell when seeking a vasectomy reversal earlier this year. Dr. Russell took the time to answer all our questions via phone consult and in office consult. His written information about success rates, the procedure and aftercare were very thourough. He had a great bedside manner and the surgery was timely and without complications. The reversal was a success (1 month ttc) and we are expecting a baby in a couple weeks.

October 19th, 2012
The Best Around!
Dr. Russell did my vasectomy reversal, and I can not thank him enough for his service. Every piece of the process went smooth and without any complication. Dr. Russell was never rushed, and made my wife and I feel very comforted in the whole process. He always took time to answer all of our questions and make sure that we understood all of our options. I would recommend him to anyone couple who is looking for the best urology and infertility specialist.

January 11th, 2017