Dr. Shankar Gopinath MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

November 26th, 2012
I never met him until after my back surgery which was completely a joke
I went into Ben Taub to have a surgery on my back. My surgeon never came to visit me the night before or the morning of my surgery as my anesthesiologist said the surgeon would do, to answer the many questions I had. I repeatedly asked who was performing my surgery, my anesthesiologist answered "I don't know". I asked "how can you not know who you are assisting?" I told her " I was not going under until I spoke with my surgeon as I HAD QUESTIONS" They put a mask on my face and when I woke up my surgery was done. I was NOT an emergency patient, I was scheduled for back surgery (and bumped twice). I NEVER GOT TO TALK TO MY SURGEON, nor did he come to see me for two days after my procedure. I called my parents at 5:20am the next day after my surgery and told them to come and get me out of this miserable hospital. After opening up my back, they found another problem, my L5 was shattered so they took the pieces out and sewed me up INSTEAD of continuing to do the surgery for which I was admitted for. My back to this day is beyond painful. I want to die somedays because of the excruciating pain.

April 8th, 2011
Very Caring and Dedicated
My son had Spinal Surgery Scheduled on the Day Hosuton had black ice on the roads and all major freeways were closed because of excessive wrecks. Dr.Shankar P Gopinath went an extra mile and made extra efforts with hospital administration and made my son's surgery possible. If it wouldn't had been done on time my son (20) would have lost his both legs.I found Dr.Shankar P Gopinath very caring about his patient care plus answers all patients and family queries with patience.I would like to give him 5 star.