A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shannath Merbs:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Shannath Merbs is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merbs
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Merbs Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shannath Merbs, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Injuries
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Eyelid Cancer
- Orbital Cancer
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Merbs graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Merbs has 5 hospital affiliations:
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Howard County General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Shannath Louise Merbs MD and PHD is a female Ophthalmologist, has 18 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Shannath L. Merbs practice?
- Dr. Shannath Merbs has 2 office locations.
Dr. Shannath Merbs practices Ophthalmology near Baltimore, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Bel Air, MD.
See Baltimore Ophthalmologists.