A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shannath Merbs:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Shannath Merbs is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shannath Merbs, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Injuries
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Eyelid Cancer
- Orbital Cancer
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Merbs graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Merbs has 5 hospital affiliations:
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Howard County General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Merbs accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 7 plans
- CareFirst - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 4 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Shannath L. Merbs practice?
Dr. Shannath Merbs practices Ophthalmology near Baltimore, MD.
See Baltimore Ophthalmologists.