A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shannon Blalock:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shannon Blalock, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology.
- She has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Blalock graduated from Texas A&M University , College Station. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Blalock has 23 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
- Good Shepherd Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Blalock accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan