Dr. Shannon Card MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Berryville, AR

June 10th, 2013
Impatient
I took my 1 year old daughter to Dr. Card. on Wednesday he said that she had a virus and there was nothing he could do. She got so much worse that I took her back on Friday, Dr. Card seemed annoyed that I would bring her back, barely listened to her and said "I told you she has a virus and it will take time for her to get better." Then walked out. She woke up Saturday morning not breathing well at all, throwing up and coughing so hard it was scary. I took her to the walk in clinic they have on Saturdays, and another Dr. (Thank God) was working. I told him everything and he listened so well and checked my baby out, her oxygen was down to 86%, had to give her a breathing treatment. Took her over for xrays and found out she had double pneumonia. She was in the hospital for a week under an oxygen tent. I know Dr's are human and make mistakes, but more than the diagnosis, I fault him for the fact of not listening to me or her when she got worse. A mothers instincts should be listened to.

April 4th, 2011
francene shepherd
doc card has been my doc since 1996 n he is awwwwsome

August 3rd, 2010
Very Good Doc, Very Marginal Office
He's been my dr. for about 2 years now. A very quiet guy, but very focused and sharp. He doesn't say much, but is very observant and listens.The office, on the other hand, needs to be improved upon. His secretary is often unavailable by phone, and there is confusion sometimes in the office area. Perhaps this is due to the turnover in that department, of which Dr. Card has no control over.

July 31st, 2010
Excellent
Dr. Card has been my primary doctor since my birth. He has always been available for appointments, and the wait time to see him is not very long at all. He always makes sure to perform tests to make his diagnoses accurate. He asks questions and seems genuinely interested in seeing his patients get better.