Dr. Shannon Mcgranahan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

October 28th, 2014
Excellent physician
She is an amazing ob gyn. Delivered my daughter at West Penn back in 2007. Stayed at the hospital through my entire 27 hr labor! Followed up on ovarian cysts several years later. Called with results herself. Would still go to her if she was not so far away now

September 9th, 2013
The whole practice is wonderful!! I was so happy with my whole experience and would recommend this group to all my friends! Dr. McGranahan was so nice and personable, she is my favorite doctor in the practice and I was also lucky she was the one who delivered our son!

June 17th, 2012
Robyn henningan
I love Dr. McGranahan...

February 20th, 2012
Please don't go to this doctor.
She is not a good doctor for young, healthy women to see. I should have gotten that vibe in my first 3 hours of waiting to see her. But I figured I should give her a chance, I'd already wasted half of my afternoon in her office.I went to get a Pap-smear as well as some treatment for a problem I was having. Her professional advice? "Take one of those products they have over-the-counter, like Monistat." She said acidophilus was the only other option. When I asked her about prescription treatment, because I didn't think acidophilus would help, she said there were no prescription treatments available. I work in a pharmacy, and I know for a fact there are at least 3 different medication she could have prescribed.Not only that, I have atrocious period pains. I explained that to her, and told her I had also taken everything over the counter available. I asked her if there were any prescription medications which would help, and lo and behold, she actually wrote a script. For a drug that I've never seen before. When I asked her if there was a generic available, she said "No, but it's only $68 a month", and gave me some samples. I'm a college student, I don't have that kind of money to spend on medication. I told her that, and once again, she told me that was the only drug she could prescribe.All in all, although this doctor has great reviews, which is why I went to her, she turned out to be a horrible excuse for an Ob-Gyn. I was disgusted when I left her office. The 3 hour waiting time was enough to get this review, but her actions as a doctor fully warrant this.

February 20th, 2012
Please do not go to this doctor.

November 19th, 2010
The worst clinic
This is the worst place you could be. the staff are so mean. I never think I could be treated like that. The clerk was disorganized and she was calling patient by figure pointing not by the names.

March 25th, 2008
excellent bedside manner, explains things very thoroughly