Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)

Apr 6th, 2013

When I first meet Dr Pryor I was a young 39 year old women with a growth in my tonsil. She was a younger woman than myself, yet I was impressed with her knowledge of her field. However, with that said what I should have been concerned and interested in, was how many prior surgeries had she performed before I allowed her to operate on me. I am now 55 years old and I have been been in pain eveyday from sympathic nerve damaged which caused me to lose everything, my job, my life, and all my dreams. I am bed ridden and live in chronic pain everyday. Basically she was a new doctor and I don't feel she was prepared to work on such a complex situation especially one as mine and someone my age. Children react differently to a tonsillectomy. Every major nerve in our bodies are in that area. It wasn't until a few years ago I realized that she was doing her residency when she operated on me. I know what happened was not intentional but I do feel she was fully untrained medically to operate on me and something went wrong. Sadly, for me, nerve damage is difficult to prove. But, I had worked for 23 years prior to that surgery and then became completely incompasitated immediately after she operated on me. People have their tonsils out all the time, so I know in my heart something went wrong. One more note....I begun a fierce struggle to figure out what happened and how to get better. The ENT I began seeing after the surgery had to go back in and operate because of a vein that was popping out into my throat and because Dr. Pryor had left part of one of my tonsil still in my throat. So also her work was a bit sloppy. The Neurologist I began seeing after her surgery clearly stated that damage was done to the nerves near the baro-receptors and sheath covering of the carotid ganglion near the tonsil. Most likely from too much heat in that critical area and what was causing all my pain and burning I live with and have for 15 years. This happened in 1999 so I hope that who ever reads this helps they learn from what has distroyed my life. ALWAYS ASK your surgeron had many times they have performed this surgery. It could change the outcome entirely.