A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shannon Safier:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Shannon Safier is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shannon Safier, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Safier graduated from UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson, Piscataway. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Safier has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Christopher's Hospital for Children
- Capital Health System - Fuld Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Safier accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Shannon D. Safier practice?
Dr. Shannon Safier practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Sewell, NJ and Bethlehem, PA.
See Philadelphia Orthopedic Surgeons.