A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shannon Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shannon Smith, FACS, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Smith has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Nacogdoches Medical Center
- Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 1 plan
- Superior Health Plan - 4 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 14 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Shannon L. Smith practice?
Dr. Shannon Smith practices Ophthalmology near Nacogdoches, TX.
See Nacogdoches Ophthalmologists.