A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shannon Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shannon Smith, FACS, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Smith has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Nacogdoches Medical Center
- Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Shannon L Smith FACS and MD is a female Ophthalmologist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Shannon L. Smith practice?
- Dr. Shannon Smith has 3 office locations.
Dr. Shannon Smith practices Ophthalmology near Nacogdoches, TX.
See Nacogdoches Ophthalmologists.