inactive

Shannon M Wong MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 11th, 2016
I was very apprehensive about having to stay awake during the procedure but I was given assurance I would not feel a thing. I did not feel a thing, and looking back I think not being asleep is much safer. I can not say enough about the considerate care given to me by Dr.Shannon Wong and his staff. I can not thank him enough for giving me better vision. I have mac.degeneration and he advised me that the mono lens would be best for me, and not to spend the extra money on the other available lens. I appreciated his honesty. I would recomend Dr.Shannon Wong to everyone. He and his staff are professional perfection. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

September 4th, 2015
Very professional and personable staff! Just had cataract eye surgery! Great results! (Not like a clinic where I had a bad experience)

February 10th, 2013
He's only after my money. Kept pushing Lasik even when I said no. Once he got the message, he was quiet and was ready to show me the door. Unprofessional, lack of courtesy and not a man's man. Just greedy.

August 31st, 2009
Outstanding results; extremely pleased
Dr. Shannon Wong did an excellent job on my eye surgery. Both he and his staff were very thorough and the results are outstanding. Only a few days following my procedure, my eye looked so great no one could guess I just had surgery. Overall, I felt very comfortable under Dr. Wong's care and his staff are really friendly and helpful. I felt as though they valued me as a patient and they took extra care to make sure I was having a good experience every step of the way. Now, a month after my procedure, I can testify to how smoothly the whole process went. Even after my procedure was over, I continued to receive exceptional service and thorough follow-up evaluation. My eye looks amazing. It has never been so blue and clear. I have already recommended Dr. Wong to my family and friends. My surgery turned out so well that my spouse has already scheduled his laser vision surgery with Dr. Shannon Wong and my father, who normally frequents the Medical Center in Houston, is planning to see Dr. Wong for his cataract surgery here in Austin. Overall I am extremely pleased, the results are exceptional and I experienced absolutely no complications. You only have one set of eyes; selecting your surgeon is a serious choice. I am so happy I chose to have my surgery performed by Dr. Wong at Austin Eye Clinic. I have the highest confidence in Dr. Wong's abilities as a surgeon and would trust him with all of my eye care needs.

August 24th, 2009
Couldn't have had a better experience
After having a free consultation about laser vision correction, I knew Dr. Wong was the only person I wanted to do my surgery.He took extra time to make sure I knew precisely what I should expect, and answered all of my questions and concerns without any hesitations. He consistently kept me updated during surgery, which would have been much more frightening without the constant reassurance.I was late for my followup exam the next day, and he was asking about me when I walked in the door. I feel that he genuinely cares about my well-being.I would recommend Dr. Wong to anyone.

June 8th, 2009
Very Satisfied Patient
Great experience with Dr. Wong- I am very satisfied with my care.

May 31st, 2009
Dr. Wong is a very informative and helpful doctor. He answered all of my questions in a way that was easy for me to understand. I went in to see him to talk about having eye surgery and he helped me determine if it would be the right decision for me. I was pretty nervous but I knew I was in good hands and couldn't be happier with the results. When I go to my follow up checks he is genuinely interested in how I am doing. I would definitely recommend Dr. Shannon Wong to my family and friends.

April 30th, 2009
Not happy with service
I was mis-diagnosed with a disease that would affect me for the rest of my life. All of this was done without proper procedure and within 5 minutes of me seeing the doctor.

August 18th, 2008
Spent little time, seemed to care more about money.
Dr. Wong spent 5-7 minutes with me and charged a $190 office fee, which I had to pay out of pocket since the office billed the visit as a routine eye exam rather than diagnosis of the symptoms I was complaining of (my main purpose for the visit). He also didn't dialate my eyes, which can lead to a more accurate refraction. When I called to discuss the claim the office talked to Dr. Wong and then placed blame on me for not being clear enough about my reason for visiting, even though I had been clear when making the appointment and had discussed my concerns with Dr. Wong, who apparently didn't document them. Thus they refused to resubmit my claim or reduce the office fee as I would be paying out of pocket. Lame.