Dr. Shanthi Shakamuri Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Shanthi Shakamuri?

June 19th, 2017

Staff

I loved havin Dr Shakamuri as my surgeon. He visited me daily after surgery. My only complaint would be his office staff. I did not have a very nice experience with her. I have never been treated like this by any staff member I have ever had contact with before. I also have 40 years experience in healthcare.

February 18th, 2016

Great doctor Dr. Shakamuri

July 26th, 2013

Good doctor but horrible billing for temp disability !!!!

Surgery went well and all is fixed but the trouble I had was with billing trying to get my temp disability papers filled out and sent to my employer. It was very frustrating!!!!!, He charges $20 a form to fill out and I had to keep calling to get them filled out and faxed over to my employer. Nine days after surgery I had to have my employer send me the paper work( that the office should have received and faxed back) to my email so I could go into the office to have billing fill out and fax to make sure it was done. I personally talked to the billing lady and explained the problem and she said she would take care of it today ( which was on a Tuesday ) on Friday I called my employer and he said that he just talked to the billing lady and she said that she hadn't filled out the forms yet!!! some how my employer got billing fill out the papers and had them sent to him around 3 that day ( probably because on Monday temp disability would have denied my claim). Needless to say I was finally payed 15 days late!!!! also still waiting (a week) for my papers to be filled out for my extension after my last visit to the doctor. If you want a good doctor then ok but don't expect to get paid in a timely manner for your time off !!!!

September 16th, 2009

A Great Doctor and Person!

Dr. Shakamuri is without question one of the finest doctors I have ever known, and one of the most caring as well.He is so kind, and he goes into the mostminute detail with explanations,plus he is extremely friendly, has good humor too.I would give him the highest ratings in all areas and if someone I know needed his specialty I would advise them to make an appointment with Dr. Shakamuri.He's great!

May 10th, 2009

Very experienced and knowledable doctor.

Dr. Skakamuri is an excellent docotor. I am twenty years old and I had a pylonidal cyst. I went to a general surgeon prior to Dr.Shakamuri. I was having pain near my rectum 8 inchs away for the cyst and the general surgeon along with my pcp thought that there was no way the pain near my rectum was due to the cyst. The general surgeon ordered a cat scan; when he got the results of the cat scan he said he was surprised I did not go to the hospital already. This was due to the extreme amount of fluid I had that was shown in the catscan. The g.s still did not think the pain due to my rectum was due to a cyst because my pcp and general surgeon felt where the pain was and they could not find no indication of part of the cyst behind it. Well my g.m referred me to dr.shakmuri. When I went to see him he also thought the pain near my rectum was not due to the cyst. I told him I had a catscan and he looked at the catscan and to very his info. He got three other colon rectal surgeons to look at it the ones he works with. He is such a good doctor if he verfies all cases with other doctors if he is not 100% of whats going on. Well all the doctors looked at the catscan and came to the conclusion that the pain near my rectum was due to the cyst. They said they have never seen anything like that saying I had the worst pylonidal cyst they have ever seen. He had to cut alot of skin out at the top of my but crack where the tail bone was then the cyst went 8 inchs down near my rectum. What he did was cut all th cyst out at the tail bone are and he put 3 drains with 6 holes leading from the tail bone to the recum which is eight inchs. All the nurses and doctors that looked at it said he did a very good job saying most doctors instead off putting in three drain hoses with 6 holes would of cut the 8 inches down out of my butt. But dr.shakimui said that that was to much skin to remove. He is a great; good hearted and honestly caring man. He does very well to check up on his patiens and as I said he really cares he is the best doctor there is no one better. All my general surgeon dr.kalish is also the same way I guess that is why he sent me to dr.shakamuri because they are similar

March 11th, 2009

Our 27 year old son underwent a very serious abdominal surgery which was done as an emergency. Dr. Shakamuri had to remove and redirect much of his intestines due to perforations and infection. He was hospitalized for 6 weeks. He saved our son's life through his knowledge and skillful hands. We are eternally grateful for this doctor and would recommend him to anyone (and we have)!

September 28th, 2017