Dr. Sharan Abdul-Rahman Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Sharan Abdul-Rahman?

Medical Fraud!

Posted on October 30th, 2017

She diagnosis with HPV and I found out that I didn't have the virus. She wanted to a procedure on my even though, I had 2 normal pap smears, really? She's charging former patients $25 for a copy of your records. In the state of Pennsylvania, you get one free copy. This could explain why her practice was down in 2009.

Great Gynecological Exam Experience

Posted on June 9th, 2015

As a healthcare provider, it is always impossible to find the doctor you will trust without reservation. Dr Abdul-Rahman has the easy, polite manners. I enjoyed having her as my doctor. Office has a patient portal, you can see your results promptly, and you can send messages, if you have questions.

Awful bedside manner. Doesn't seem to care at all.

Posted on May 16th, 2011

I am brand new to Philly, and needed my birth control refilled by the end of the month. Called Jefferson Hospital to schedule an appointment. 30 minutes of being on hold later, the receptionist finally worked out an appointment for me in 3 days at Dr.Sharan Abdul-Rahman's office. The receptionist mentioned that Dr. Rahman is usually fairly easy to get into see because she ONLY does GYN, instead of the OB-GYN. I was somewhat skeptical due to her wide open availability but hey why not. The sooner the better, right?Wrong.I entered the building, elevatored up to the 3rd floor, and walked into a small office with 3 waiting room chairs. The receptionist (Priya) was a doll. She quickly handed me the paperwork, checked my insurance info, and took my cash payment copay (they WILL charge you a ridiculous $3 processing fee if you use credit card. So be sure to have cash/check.) I waited for about 5 minutes tops before the 25-year old nurse brought me back into this closet-like space to take my blood pressure, and ask me about 40 health questions. Standard procedure. She really didn't seem to care about my personal life or general wellbeing AT ALL. Rolling through her list of questions, listening to my answers while she stares at the computer screen, click.. .click.. click, next question. I had a couple concerns that I wanted to discuss with the doctor, but the nurse really didn't seem to care. click.. click click.. next question. height. weight. next.. next.. next.. no smile or eye contact. It was awkward to say the very least.And that was just the start! She led me to the exam room and said, go ahead and put the gown on and have a seat. Before I knew it, she shut the door and was back to her miserable day. Yeesh.A couple minutes later, Dr. Rahman came in and shook my hand. (I thought to myself, "this might be an okay visit after all." Dr. Rahman is a 50-year old African American doctor who seems very nice at first. Until you start discussing your health concerns. I tried to explain how my PMS symptoms were getting awful, and since my mother had Endometriosis, I knew that I had to jump on any possible issues before they get worse. I couldn't believe this, but she started almost arguing with me! I tried to explain slowly what was happening, and what I wanted to discuss (alternate birth control methods the shot, IUD, the rod, etc.) Instead of listening to me, I felt this horrible argumentative defensive vibe from Dr. Rahman. She kept saying, "I don't understand." Aren't you the doctor here, Dr.Rahman? I came to you to discuss a very sensitive matter regarding my health, and you just say that you don't understand?? Well, good God. Find me someone who can try to understand!!!The exam went fine. She was quick and very professional.At the end of the appointment, I also mentioned a bladder issue that I've been dealing with for years and too embarrassed to deal with it before.. would like to get it maybe checked out. She said, "talk to your primary physician. Take care" and walked out of the room. That's it? I just told you that I'm new to Philly, and that's all the help you can give? What an ENORMOUS WASTE OF TIME. If you want an annual exam that doesn't involve personal health concern discussion and ONLY want a fast annual exam for the prescription refill, than by all means.. she's great for you. I will never recommend Dr.Sharan Abdul-Rahman's office to anyone, nor will they ever see me in that office again. No wonder she doesn't deal with pregnant women/OB. If I was pregnant, I would be FURIOUS at her lack of interest in my health concerns.Never again. Ugh. Worst GYN visit I have ever had.

Beware of this Doctor

Posted on February 8th, 2011

-First of all the office staff was completely unprofessional, they didn't have a record of when the appointments were so they just took people as they came in even though I had an earlier appointment.-I waited an hour for my appointment-She told me that my birth control prescription was going to be sent in, when I go to pick it up they tell me they can't reach the doctor and that I can't get my pills until she responds to their voicemails-I call the Doctor's emergency line and she screams at me because I am upset that I cannot get my pills on time and she refuses to call the prescription in until she returns to the office 2 weeks later-Most unprofessional Doctor I have ever witnessed

Not caring

Posted on January 3rd, 2011

I have seen Dr. Rahman for several years and in that time, she has terminated her staff left and right. I don't understand how she is still running her business like this. Test results are not given in a timely manner and she doesn't do well following up with her patients either. I think i will be looking for a new doctor. If your thinking about seeing her, don't waste your time

Best Gynecologist in Center City Philadelphia

Posted on October 27th, 2010

I no longer live in Philadelphia, but I found Dr. Abdul-Rahman before I left - thank goodness! I had been to 3 previous gynecologists over the course of 2 years, and I left Dr. Mona Shangold - a well regaurded gynecologist in the area - because of her horrendous bedside manner, horrible waiting times - up to 1.5 hours, and unpleasant staff. Dr. Abdul-Rahman was not only knowledge and caring, but she was extremely educational during the entire the visit. I came away knowing my own body better - what's normal - and feeling better about me. I can't thank her enough for all that she did.

Very good gyn

Posted on September 21st, 2010

Dr. Rahman is a great doctor. I have been going to her for over three years and was very impressed by the care that she gave. She listens to you and is very attentive when questions are asked. When I had a problem, she was able to see me that same day. Appointments are very convenient and quick because you can make it online.

Posted on September 17th, 2010

I HAVE BEEN GOING TO DR ABDUL-RAHAM FOR ABOUT FOR LITTLE OVER A YR NOW. SHE IS A VERY GOOD GYN, AND I AM VERY PLEASE WITH THE SERVICE I RECEIVE

billing

Posted on August 10th, 2010

unknown to me, my insurance was billed for a routine annual physical by this specalist. a few months later, when i went to my primary care physician, the insurance denied payment because 2 annual physicals are not allowed in the same year. this doctor did not do an EKG, lab tests or perform other primary exams. this was billing for services not provided. i had to pay directly for my primary care physician.

first visit

Posted on March 29th, 2010

after having a gyn who has a horrible bedside manner and rude staff, it was a pleasure to meet with dr rahman. she talked to me and answered my questions and explained things to me that were never answered only ignored by my previous gyn. her staff was well aware of my ins and its copay/ded pt responsibilities.

Posted on August 18th, 2009

I cannot recommend Dr. Rahman. While she is attentive and complete in answering questions when you have her directly in front of you, communicating or getting any follow-up with her is very difficult. Dr. Rahman also kep sherself very detached from her patients. I do not want to be best friends with my doctor but I want to think that they are involved and are interested in my care. When given such feedback, this doctor decided that she no longer wanted my case on her list and sent me my chart the next day. I was very disappointed. I was also shocked that this doctor could not hear out a patient and then try to work with them. I was trying to be honest with this woman and was thereby abandoned by her. I still cannot understand it to this day.

Posted on February 22nd, 2017