Dr. Shari Gabriel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 18th, 2014
Mom of three children
Terrible experience. From Staff to Doctor Gabriel, they were not professional. Waited over 4 hours to even see doctor with no explanation. Wish we would have read reviews prior to making appt. Talked to friend after our experience, to find out they had a horrible experience as well. It's a shame there are few specialty doctors like her in Louisville. I will drive to Cincinnati if I have to see another specialist for my children!

September 4th, 2013
Poor Service and Payment Harassment
The first thing they do when you walk in is ask you how you are planning on paying for the visit. Then you wait in the waiting room for about 3 hours and then you get called back only to wait another hour in the observation room. It would be different if this only happened once, but this happened on each visit. (6-8 visits all together) Then you set up payment terms with them for a certain dollar amount each month, but they still call you before each appointment and ask you for more than you agreed to. Not very pleasant, and doesn't spend a lot of time with you explaining the injury or how you should treat it.

February 18th, 2013
Factory
I read other reviews of this office, and went anyway. That was a mistake. The lure is that this office will get you a sooner appointment than other practices. But once you are there, expect 2-3 hour waits. You can expect to be herded and treated like cattle-at worst. At best, you and your child will be treated like employees. This office cares only about getting you done and out. The shuffling of patients is so fast and disorganized it seems like a mistake is coming. I wondered-and asked-to make sure the Dr was looking at the righ x-rays. I would expect, and have received, better care for my animals from a veterinarian.

October 4th, 2012
Excellent physician / Unrealistic care expectations
Dr Gabriel has treated my son twice, and I won't take him to anyone else. Yes, you have to wait a long time and she gets backed up--it's the nature of the specialty. She's an excellent physician, her diagnoses of his injuries have been exactly on target. Her treatments are appropriate based on her observations of the child.What the other reviewers don't realize is that she is charged with first line defense of abuse detection. She doesn't want to talk to the parent until she knows the child's injuries are consistent with the story--to the letter. She has to be dismissive of the parents, until she's sure there is no abuse.She's incredibly busy. There are days when she doesn't have as much time as others. Her staff does take over and finish procedures, but in no way did I feel like it was a compromise to the level of care or the treatment outcome. I'm perfectly comfortable with an assistant applying a cast as is customary. Dr Gabriel has always been the one who has read the xrays and made the diagnoses. She watches the child's activity level and determines appropriate treatment. She's watching your child while she's standing with another to determine how best to treat each child, you're all in the same room while waiting for a cast. Another note about ease of getting an appointment. It's often best to wait a couple of days to get a second x-ray and determine final treatment. Injuries become apparent after initial swelling, so it's better to have the appointment a couple of days after the injury. Your best course of treatment is to go to the urgent care, get an initial diagnosis and get the break stabilized then have the specialist's appointment after the swelling subsides.

February 10th, 2012
Hard to believe
It is hard to believe that a professional's office can be this inconsiderate. I called to get an appointment for my son who injured his hand. Visited an urgent care facility and got x-rays and referred to Dr. Gabriel. Called the office for an appointment and was told a nurse would call back with an appointment. Two hours later no one from the office had called so I called the office. I was treated rudely and told the Doctor would not be in the office and I could schedule an appointment for the next week. The nurse seem irritated with my questions and she asked if I wanted an appointment and when I said no she hung up. The worst part is Dr. Gabriel treated him for a fracture a few years ago and she is an excellent doctor, but the staff guarantees we will not EVER go to that office.

November 9th, 2011
After reading these comments about Dr. Gabriel I realized that I was right on with the way I feel about her! One thing to know about her...when she starts to avoid the parent and only speaks to your child or the poor intern she may have following her around, get in her face and be firm. If you will throw it right back to her she will back down and remember that you hired her not the other way around. Sure, she's arrogant, rude and definetly dismissive if it is allowed. This is what I've learned about her, now having to sit and wait 3 hours for is another issue, I'm just more determined at that point to get my daughter taken care of and keeping Dr. G nice about it.

February 16th, 2009
Worst experience with a doctor, ever.
After waiting two and a half hours to see the doctor (I had scheduled the appointment three weeks earlier), and being told that this wait was "normal," Dr. Gabriel was rude, dismissive, and unprofessional. She spoke to her intern instead of addressing me, dismissed my questions instead of answering them, and only gave me specific information after being asked repeatedly. It was the worst experience with a physician I have ever had. Needless to say, I took my child to another doctor after this experience.

October 28th, 2016