A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sharma Prabhakar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sharma Prabhakar is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sharma Prabhakar, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
Education & Awards
Dr. Prabhakar graduated from Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad.
Dr. Prabhakar has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Medical Center - Lubbock
- TX Tech Physicians Associates
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Prabhakar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 6 plans
- Presbyterian Health Plan - 8 plans
- Lovelace Health Plan - 10 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 11 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sharma S. Prabhakar practice?
Dr. Sharma Prabhakar practices Nephrology near Lubbock, TX.
See Lubbock Nephrologists.