A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sharmila Makhija:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sharmila Makhija is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sharmila Makhija, MBA, MD is board certified in Gynecologic Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Gene Therapy
- Hot Flashes
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Makhija graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Makhija has 11 hospital affiliations:
- University of Louisville Hospital, Division of Plastic Surgery
- Emory University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Makhija accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sharmila K. Makhija practice?
Dr. Sharmila Makhija practices Gynecologic Oncology near Louisville, KY.
Additional practice locations include: Atlanta, GA and Pittsburgh, PA.
See Louisville Oncologists.