Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sharmila Makhija
Dr. Sharmila Makhija, MD, MBA is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, KY, with another office in Bronx, NY. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Gynecologic Oncology and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Makhija is affiliated with Wesley Woods Geriatric Hospital, Norton Audubon Hospital and Emory Johns Creek Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Sharmila Makhija has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar...
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment...
Dr. Sharmila Makhija is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.
Dr. Daniel Metzinger
Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Louisville, KY 0.02 mi23
Dr. Stephen Baldwin
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Louisville, KY 0.04 mi32
Dr. Merry Mann
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Louisville, KY 0.04 mi7