Dr. Sharon Desmarais MD Patient Reviews

3.6

December 17th, 2016
Dr. Desmarais was very nice to me and she explained everything as she did the procedure!

January 27th, 2016
Fabricated diagnosis to justify unnecessary surgery
She mandated a repeat c section after one high BP reading and another one 5 minutes later- not even enough to dx hypertension. It was due to a panic attack, but she didn't listen. Didn't offer alternatives- like monitoring- as there was no swelling, protein in urine, etc. Within 30 minutes back to 100/50 but I never saw her again until in the OR hours later. She never once came to check on me until it was too late and the spinal was in place. Then I found out she fabricated a dx of pre-eclampsia to justify it.

November 9th, 2012
Dr. Desmarais, has put my life in danger because of imposing her personal opinions about my choice of care as unimportant. Because I refused a type of treatment that made me uncomfortable. I am forced to delay a much needed surgery because of being on Medicaid, not wanting to accept blood. She has left me bleeding inside and I am under severe distress. From not having a proper referral. Especially when she is associated with a hospital that was equipped to take care of my needs before I was released from the hospital to fend for myself. I left the hospital in tears no, I would not recommend that anyone go through that type of treatment ever. To this date I have been unable to receive the treatment I need.

October 4th, 2010
Insensitive receptionist.
I love Dr. Desmarais! She and her nurse are wonderful. However, the woman at the front desk is quite insensitive. When I went for my appointment, I asked her to give me an estimate of the cost and she said, Well, whats the problem, dont you have an HSA?. Whether I have an HSA or not isnt the point. I have a right to know what my estimated costs will be. In today's times, especially, I thought her comment was extremely rude and insensitive. We make choices of where to go for medical care. That women should have been glad I chose that office.