Dr. Sharon Dreeben MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 8th, 2016
Surgery
Parking, location, convenience, facility, staff, equipment, and above all the Doctor's brilliance and skills as a surgeon. She figured out a set of complex issues with my shattered ankle/leg and rebuilt it, including bone, ligament, tendon, a metal plate, and internal tensioner. She fit me into her schedule and did surgery the following day. She's a professional that and should be held in the highest regard.

July 10th, 2015
Poor Experience
I was so disappointed by Dr. Dreeben. She spent less than 5 minutes with me. She did not answer any of my questions, but instead rushed me out the door. She sent me for an MRI, and said she would call me that afternoon with the results. When I didn't hear from her, I called her office. The receptionist said that my MRI results were in, and that she would remind Dr. Dreeben to call me. She never called. I was disappointed to learn that Dr. Dreeben does not care about her patients.

February 17th, 2015
Very thorough and professional. Great staff. Highly recommend her

September 15th, 2013
Caring Doctor, went extra mile!
I met with Dr. Dreeben this week, was impressed by her expertise and her confident treatment plan of my complicated break. When my insurance presented problematic issues, she and her great staff really worked quickly and found a way to get my surgery scheduled quickly! It was obvious that they cared about me and getting me on the road to recovery as soon as possible. It's such a relief to have been referred to Dr. Dreeben. I feel totally confident with her ability surgery plan! She's a great doctor! I'm not nervous anymore!

February 29th, 2012
dan koser
dr.drebeen its excellent.I cannot imagine having a better doctor

December 25th, 2011
Ankle
I went to her and she gave me the wrong advice and I could have needed unecessary surgery. I then went to another doctor who gave me the correct advice and I got better. She may be pleasant but was not a good doctor for me.

July 7th, 2011
Parking
Beware of parking situation!!!! Total rip off and no validation, at least doctor should pay half of the cost like most other physicians in La Jolla. Doctor makes you wait then this is a way offset the problem.

May 7th, 2010
Very skilled surgeon
Dr. Dreeben is exceedingly professional. She is the surgeon that all the surgoens use for their own families when there are foot and ankle issues.

October 8th, 2009
I can walk painfree now
Dr. Dreeben replaced the dead bone in my ankle with bone from a donor's knee a few years back. I could barely walk a city block before her very skillful surgery. I just got back from walking the Great Wall of China for my 60th birthday, and even though we walked and climbed for several hours, I have no pain. Because of her expertise I can live a normal life now. I've met other people that had the same problem, and their doctors simply fused the ankle giving them limited movement with the ankle. I'm as good as new. I would recommend her to anyone!!!!The day of surgery she actually walked with me and held my hand as they were putting me to sleep because I was so nervous about the surgery.

August 21st, 2009
I love Dr. Dreeben! She is by far the best orthopaedic surgeon I have been to. I think people mistake her professionalism for being rude, but she just takes the situation and your health very seriously. She gets me in when I need to see her, and takes as much time as necessary to explain everything to me and make me feel comfortable. I have been going to her for about 4 years and I can tell you we laugh every time I'm in her office. Yes, it took a while for her to warm up, but she is genuinely a very nice, caring, and sweet woman. I highly recommend her.

September 16th, 2008
I feel that Dr. Dreeben overstaffs her patients at times and everytime I've been in there I have waited overall each time 45 minutes in the waiting room and 30 in the room. She needs to give her patients quality time.