Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  one star being zero  |  show details
by chelsea on Feb 18th, 2014

I was not happy with the doctors performance, she seemed unfocused, and was not very informative. I had explained one of my symptons and she completely misunderstood me. she left the room before dealing with one of the initial things I came in for, and that her nurse had written in her notes. I had to call here back into the office. when giving the pap smear she was not even a little gentle thank goodness it wasnt my first visit to the obgyn or i would never go to one again. Ive seen atleast 4 different gynos in my life, Ive had a good experiences overall with them except this women. :( i hope that no one else has to has such an aweful experience.

|  Patient.  |  show details
by Alberta Young on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr. Fillerup is a fabulous doctor. She is very knowledgeable, but most of all she really cares about the patients. It is very easy to talk to her ,she makes people really comfortable. I highly recommend her!

|  Charges for unnecessary tests  |  show details
by P. Pederson on Apr 29th, 2013

I want to start out by saying that Dr. Fillerup was very friendly, warm, and made my first visit to an OBGYN much more comfortable than it could have been. My experience there was great. A month later, however, I received a nearly $400 bill in the mail. During the appointment she had asked me, "Do you mind if I check your hormone levels?" and I said sure. I had just had them checked two months earlier and knew they were fine, but for whatever reason (either she didn't trust my memory, or she didn't trust my other doctor?) she wanted to do the tests for herself. She didn't mention that most insurance doesn't cover these tests, so this would cost me nearly $400. After many months of exchanging messages with the Tanner Clinic billing staff and her nurse, the final voice mail said, "You approved the office visit when you scheduled it, and you agreed to the hormone tests, so the price of those two things you agreed to was $200." So I settled for $200, ignoring the fact that the office visit was covered by my insurance. The question is, if those two things cost only $200, what was the other $200 for? There is a huge problem here with informed consent. As an added bonus, they never did call to let me know the results of my hormone tests. I didn't worry about it because I knew that they were fine, but in addition to charging me for a service that I didn't even request, they didn't actually complete that service. So, go to her, get your examinations from her, but buyer beware! Before she takes any tests, ask her about why she wants them, how much it will cost you, and what she will do with the results. Most insurance covers annual exams, but it does not cover unnecessary tests.

|  Very thorough Doc  |  show details
May 29th, 2011

Love Dr Fillerup! Great person and great doctor! She caught my thyroid cancer at a regular yearly appointment and scheduled the tests I needed and my appointment with an ENT for followup.

by Edye Wagstaff on Jun 17th, 2010

Dr. Fillerup is thorough, kind and genuinely cares for her patients. She listened to my every question and answered them. She stood right beside me as I was going under anesthetic and it was a huge comfort. I recommend this OBGYN to EVERY woman out there.

May 14th, 2010

I found Dr. Fillerup to be caring and helpful. She did a thorough exam. I felt that she was competent.

|  Great Doctor!!  |  show details
by S. Johnson on Jan 7th, 2010

I had been having abdominal pain for YEARS and my prior Obgyn Just kept saying "oh, it's probably a UTI" and giving me more anti-biotics... My first Apt. with Dr. Fillerup she took the time to run tests and do an ultrasound... I was diagnosed and in surgery the next week. She has since done another surgery on me and Delivered my Baby boy! She always takes the time to answer questions, and is easy to feel comfortable around (which is great considering how UNcomfortable a pap-smear is in general already!) I recommend her to everyone!

Nov 16th, 2009