A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sharon Handel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sharon Handel is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Handel
Depression Patient Education Visit our depression patient education guide to learn about mood disorder, medical conditions and symptoms of depression.Before Visiting Dr. Handel Learn More
Specialties & Research
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Handel graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Sharon Frances Handel MD is a female Geriatic Psychiatrist, has 17 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Sharon F. Handel practice?
- Dr. Sharon Handel has 1 office location.
Dr. Sharon Handel practices Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry near Silver Spring, MD.
See Silver Spring Psychiatrists.