Dr. Sharon Lee MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 25th, 2016
Very caring and knowledgeable Doctor!

February 8th, 2010
Thank God - I am Alive!
During my pregnancy, I thought Dr. Lee was attentive enough. A partner did my c-section. When Dr. Lee made rounds afterwards, I told her I felt something was not right; I had extreme pain, etc... She responded dismissively- "welcome to motherhood." Within a few days after discharge my fever was 104, I could not see out of one eye and was quite ill. I called the on call number and the nurse who responded told me to take some Tylenol and a tepid bath and that probably just I had mastitis. After taking some Tylenol, and a tepid bath, my fever was still hovering at 104+. I called back the on call number and told the nurse I was going to the ER and asked which ER I should go to - I wound up at Woman's. Dr. Lee was there and immediately diagnosed me with some sort of uterine infection and pumped me up with antibiotics and admitted me. My symptoms worsened at an alarmingly rapid rate upon admission. I developed very loose bowels and my abdomen distended incredibly, and I began to lose weight and hair. After an agonizing week, during much of that week I was unconscious, one of Dr. Lees partners finally took some action and ran tests and made a lifesaving diagnosis! Never during this time was my primary car physician notified. After that ordeal, I still gave Dr. Lee the benefit of the doubt. I made a special follow up appointment with Dr. Lee personally to discuss what exactly had happened and what impact this could have on my future health and chances of having another successful pregnancy. At the appointment, after waiting an unusually long time, she popped her head in and said she did not have time to talk with me. I attempted several more times to have that face to face appointment, all to no avail. Needless to say, I have since changed doctors, years have passed and my questions remain unanswered.