Dr. Sharon Maturo MD Patient Reviews

3.9

April 17th, 2014
When I read reviews regarding long wait times and time spent with patients I am shocked. Yes, you may have to wait, especially when seeing an OBGYN, babies don't come as scheduled. I will never complain about waiting for a good doctor. My experience with Dr. Maturo has been nothing but positive. I was probably the patient before you that made the Doctor behind. I'm sure Dr. Maturo spent longer than 45 minutes with me going over my cancer diagnosis and our plan. The nurses handled all of my appointment scheduling with the many specialists I had to see. The morning of my surgery, imagine my surprise to see Dr. Maturo walk through the doors at KU Cancer Center just to sit with me and hold me hand in pre-op. Dr. Maturo and her staff went above and beyond. I am forever grateful.

February 28th, 2013
Waited over an. Hour and a half for apothegm. Nurse rude. Then they had wrong chart. They did not even apoligize! This is my last visit to this doctor.
Doctor's Response

I remember this unfortunate situation because it has only occurred once. I completely agree with you that it was unacceptable to have the incorrect chart. I brought this incident to the attention of our office manager. We looked at each step in the process that led to this problem. I completely understand if you don't recall my apologizing to you several times. Lastly, I spoke with my nurse about the frustrations of dealing with people who are frustrated in a more gracious manner. She is usually quite caring and concerned. We would love to continue to see you, but understand if you choose to obtain care elsewhere.

September 11th, 2011
I was not satisfied at all with my experience at this location. I can see my review a not typical, which is encouraging, but I for one will not return. I had never had a pap smear primarily because of fear and I expected a lot more time and explanation of the procedure. I was very uncomfortable and left feeling confused. Not to mention I waited 45 min in the lobby and then another 45 min in the doctors office...in a doctors gown. I apologize for the bad review but this was something that needed to be said. I don't recommend this location for any first timers. Perhaps the experience is different for returning patients. Sadly, I'll never know.
Doctor's Response

Pap smears can certainly be frightening to women who have not had them before. I usually make it a goal to explain the procedure as I go through it. I would encourage you to ask questions if you don't feel comfortable especially, so that we can discuss and address all of your issues. Part of the reason for your wait sometimes is that I AM explaining things and making sure everyone's questions get addressed. We also attend to deliveries, emergencies and hospital calls throughout the day. I would love to spend more time with you at your visit in the future so we can revisit any and all of your concerns!

March 14th, 2009