Dr. Sharon Maza MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 28th, 2016
The Amazing Dr Maza
Dr Maza is extremely thorough. She is like a detective solving a mystery... She leaves no stone unturned.... She is absolutely amazing! She takes her time with you, listening, gathering your info and then devising a plan to basically save your life. At the end of your visit, you walk out with s complete summary of what was discussed, what tests have been done, what future tests will be done, and when your next appointment will be. Go to her. She's great.

September 3rd, 2015
Dr. Maza is the best cardiologist I ever have! She is an excellent doctor. She's the only Specialist that kept my BP under control. She takes her time going over your medical condition, and gives you the best care. I thank God for doctors like Dr. Maza. She's brilliant !

July 23rd, 2014
Horrible doctor
1. No privacy - I was told to remove my blouse and bra, but the technician didn't leave the room, put up a screen, or even close the door to the hallway. I had to strip down right there in front of her. 2. The doctor won't answer my questions. She spends the whole appointment time on the computer. When I ask questions, she tells me that she has to do things her way. Then when she finishes on the computer she hustles me out the door and I never even got to ask my questions, much less get answers from her. 3. She orders tests and won't tell me why. She doesn't tell me how to prepare for the tests, and when I ask about the results, she gives me a one-sentence answer.

May 20th, 2011
First Time
It was my first time to go to a Cardiologist and that enough is challenging. The office staff was excellent they made you feel very comfortable and they showed that they care.Dr. Maza herself came out to greet me to let me know what she was doing at that time and how the process went when visiting a cardiologist. She also went to bat for me with my insurance plan and I like that make sure I get the best treatment if needed.

February 28th, 2011
She is a quack, and likes to think she knows everything when she doesn't. gives people diseases they don't have. you will wait for hours for her. do not go to her!!!

February 3rd, 2010
Waste of time and insurance $$$
Several reasons I didn't return to Dr. Maza. 1) Her arrogance over her ability to read ultrasounds and blood tests. Despite a normal cholesterol she Rx'd Lipitor. I'm female, Lipitor is not good medicine for women. She "found" a condition that no other doctor has found or been able to find on ultrasound, instilling fear for a while that I might need surgery. 2) Stress test equipment had glitches, namely, it retained the prior patient's blood pressure readings. The pt prior to me had hypertension. A tech pointed out that "it takes a few readings before the last numbers go away"yet Maza insisted I have hypertension. I've always had and still have BP 110/70. 3) Maza gave incorrect instructions on how to use an event monitoring device, which I wore for a month. The one event I 'recorded" prompted the manufacturer to call to find out what I was doing. They determined the event was not recorded due to motion artifact, due to incorrect usage. Maza charged me to read the event recording. This event recorder cost my insurance company $1800 and yielded nothing useful. 4) Charged extra for a "nutrition" consultation, even though I have a background in nutrition. She talked over me, telling me to eat a big salad every day, that will help get more veggies in. Really!

August 5th, 2009
She's a puzzle
Dr. Maza is quite impressed with herself. She likes to use long medical terms when talking to patients simply so they have to say "what does that mean?" and then takes that opportunity to have you listen to what she thinks is her vast expertise. She verbally demeans her staff in the presence of patients, and she's condescending to patients themselves.