Dr. Sharon Means Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Sharon Means?

June 4th, 2015

Dr. M&M

I was not certain on what to expect from Dr. M&M. As with so many different specialties before her, I was not expecting the experience that we received. She is more thorough than anyone we had come across. She made sure that we understood everything, and is wonderful at explaining information we are not sure of. We could not be happier to have her on this journey with us. The knowledge that she has in her years of experience and education truly show. Highly recommended!

January 17th, 2015

Every aspect was horrible!

2 hours late to the first apt, can't believe we made a second

October 3rd, 2014

Rude and belittling

Although she is highly knowledgeable, she is about the rudest doctor I have ever come in to contact with. She treated my husband and I and My stepsons mother and her husband with such disrespect that I almost walked out of our appointment. She treats every one of us as if we are all completely ignorant and belittles us without a second thought. When you try to explain something to her she acts as though you are an idiot and do not get what she is saying. We would rather just search for someone who will respect us. If you don't care about being ridiculed and treated like a moron who doesn't know your own child, then do go to her.

July 24th, 2014

Fantastic results!

I’m sympathetic to the reviewers who gave Dr. McDonough-Means (Dr. MM) one star, and I concur with some of their comments. Finding out your child has a developmental disability is in some ways akin to losing a child. Dr. MM is – at times – somewhat pedantic. I left her office in tears on one occasion. So why the four stars? I’m not consulting Dr. MM to be given a pat on the back and told what a great job I’m doing. We see Dr. MM because she’s at the top of her field, and we’ve had miraculous results with our son over the last 16 months due to her no-stone-unturned approach to the treatment of autism. She is only one of three developmental pediatricians in Tucson. One no longer takes new patients, one has a one-year waiting list, and the third one is Dr. MM. It took us about 6 weeks to get in for the initial evaluation. She then ordered extensive blood-work and gave us a variety of treatment options, ranging from dietary interventions, supplements, therapies (occupational, ABA, etc.), referrals to various specialists (neurologist, ophthalmologist, ENT) and some less traditional options such as music therapy. From there, she let us figure it out based on our lifestyle and budgetary constraints. At first, she saw us monthly to make sure we were on track with her instructions. Now we are down to once every 3 months. Each visit is at least two hours long. She takes the time to get to know our son – strengths and weaknesses. My son was non-verbal 16 months ago, and now – at 36 months – he is speaking in complete sentences. His stimming has almost entirely disappeared. His most significant remaining obstacle is socialization. If you are want results for your child – and have thick skin – I recommend Dr. MM’s services.

May 7th, 2014

horrible experience with this doctor

I am writing reviews for her: Doctor Means is very rude and unprofessional and her name fits her well. She is very difficult to work with and seems to be more worried about getting paid than helping the children. Please do not go to this doctor and waste your time. I wish I would have done more thorough research when I selected her and I would rather drive up to the Phoenix Area then have to have her work with my child again. Doctor Means wants you to work around her schedule as her time is more important than yours. Although her secretary is nice, she is very difficult to understand. Doctor will not release my child's information to me per my request and is telling me to either see the PCP or go finished my consultation with her (which I refuse to do) because of her attitude towards my family.

October 14th, 2013

Very good experience

In 2002-2005 Dr. M. Means helped our child to get rid of diagnosis of full spectrum autism. She is very knowledgeable specialist in this field. Even though I am from Russia it didn't affect the result of our treatment at all. Within 3,5 years we were completely free from diagnosis. Thanks to the right doctor, our child know is an A-student at high school for advanced kids.

August 22nd, 2013

Worst Doctor Ever

Went to these doctor for Autism diagnosis and she was a nightmare; super rude, not kid friendly, verbally aggressive with parents. WILL NOT RECOMMEND TO ANY ONE. I even made a complaint thru my health insurance.

June 13th, 2013

Parent

Dr. Did not believe or listen to me as a parent. Very difficult individual to work with. Blamed me for my son's behavior issues. We are doing much better now with a different MD.

July 27th, 2012

The most impolite doctor

This doctor is extremely impolite. She refused to speak with foreigners. She qualified my accent as being Spanish, even that I am from Russia. After asking her, what exactly she does not understand, she replied: "I don't know what are you talking about" ... How she would be able to deal with my kid if she cannot deal with me?

March 28th, 2012

Very knowledgable in her field. Not-so-great bedside manner (particularly w/kids). Tends to talk over your head.

August 14th, 2016