Dr. Sharon Palushock MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

March 3rd, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Palushock for many years and have never had a bad appointment or experience with her in any way..She is very professional, treats you with respect, and is very knowledgeable about her profession or will send you to the appropriate doctor that can help you if she can not.. I am so thankful for having her care for me all of these years.

January 27th, 2016
Liked the doctor; not the staff
There seemed to be only one office staff person and she leaves a lot to be desired. She was robotic, cold and unpersonable. I did like the doctor. I felt she spent a lot of time with me and outlined all of my choices.

June 23rd, 2014
Lack of knowledge and professionalism
My daughter was seeing her because her OB-GYN made a diagnosis of PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and her insulin levels were a little high. First appointment she couldn't tell us anything about insulin levels and PCOS, why one affects the other. Just prescribes her medicine with follow up appt. When a follow up appointment was made, we were put off a year out - saying nothing was available. Then the morning of the appointment, I needed to cancel due to an emergency. Starting calling at 9:00am and left 3 messages about having to cancel. Never received a call back until 12:30pm (appointment scheduled for 3:00pm). I was told that they have a 24 hour cancellation policy and until I paid the $30..00 cancellation fee they would not reschedule. I explained that it was an emergency and she said there were NO exceptions. I then informed secretary I would have my daughter there but would NOT wait more than 10 minutes and would walk out not paying for the appointment or the fee. This will be the LAST time my daughter will ever have any appointment with this doctor!!! I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone. And her staff leaves alot to be desired.

September 20th, 2012
Manager
it was very hard to get an appointment with this doctor, and you always have to leave a voicemail, nobody ever answers the phone. They usually do not get back to you the same day. When I had a follow up appointment, it was put at almost a year out, they said they could not get me in prior to that. I was in the hospital during that visit, having a c-section, and they considered it a no show and told me I had to go to another physician. The lack of caring is horrible. Not only that, they sent me for blood work and an US during this time and still would not see me, not call me regarding the results. I sent to another provider in the area, and he was wonderful, he is Dr. Harris. He old me they way they were treating me, is the way they treated thyroid issues 20 years ago. Also, when Dr. Palushock had my test results, she couldn't tell me exactly what the issue was, the tests were not clear, but yet didn't send me for any other test, but put me on medication. I am so glad that this happened, because I got in with this new provider within a few days, tests completed, and follow up has been great. He answered all of my questions and made sure I knew exactly what the next steps were prior to leaving his office.

January 6th, 2011
Untrusting
Insisted on continuing to prescribe thyroid medicine that was not working, refused to prescribe natural thyroid medicine when suggested, dismissed muscle spasms and joint aches as conditions for a Rheumatologist, even though these are top sympthoms of hypothyroidism. Found another Dr. who prescribed suggested natural thyroid medicine, and all sympthoms went away, even muscle spasms and joint aches.