Dr. Sharon Perlman Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 5th, 2015

Simply the best

July 21st, 2013

Great doctor, accurate diagnosis

Perlman was very accurate in her diagnosis, she is very experienced and was able to help me treat my renal dysplasia. I was sad to leave her when I was 18, but sadly was too old and also did not need a nephrologist any more.

May 17th, 2013

Do you want an expert?

If you want a mushy hand holder then you may not care for this doctor. If you want a brilliant, experienced specialist then this is the doctor for you. My son has a severe genetic condition and 13 years ago this group of doctors began him on treatment that had basically just been discovered in Montreal. His entire life has been changed because Dr. Perlman was up to date on the latest research and willing to give these infusions. Because of her treatment he rides a bike, swims, plays basket ball. Without that early intervention he would have never even walked and his quality of life would have been misery and chronic pain. Children with my son's condition are coming to her from all over the state of Florida now and I haven't heard one complaint from any of them. As an RN I don't give a rip about beside manner. She knows her stuff and that's what is important to me.

July 12th, 2012

Crazy!

I had a very bad experience with this doctor. She wanted to run very invasive tests on my son that involved a catheter and he's only 5 weeks old! She said he didn't have much fluid in his kidneys and then changed her tune when she saw his old ultrasound and then said o well we should run some tests and I told her absolutly not and she got mad at me. I told her if he's not that bad then I would continue to give antibiotics and wait to see if it continues to get better and she got upset and snappy. Also tried blaming other things for his condition like not being circumcised! She is so freaking crazy! I also got upset with her trying to pull my sons forskin back and demanded she stop and told her she shouldn't do that because it was turning red. I will never take my child back to her she is too wishy washy and invasive. Maybe the other doctors in there might be better but she is aweful. She also pulled a student in the room and didn't even ask if it was okay with me which I feel should have been a red flag that she feels superior. I am a picky mom but all of my children are safe happy and healthy now.

September 4th, 2011

Best Nephrologist in Tampa Bay

She is diligent, energetic and a real expert in diagnosing complicated renal diseases. I would always recommend her to any parent who has a child with renal disease.

August 6th, 2008

I had the unfortunate experience of bringing my son to see Dr. Perlman. Not only was her office staff extremely rude she herself did not have any bedside manner either. She was impatient with both nmyself and my son. She is the reasone we do not live in Florida.

December 12th, 2016