Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2013

Dr. Salamat took care of us during my high risk pregnancy due to a birth defect that they were able to see by ultrasound, after a previous ultrasound (elsewhere) did not detect this. She was knowledgeable and kind, and spent lots of time with me and my husband. She arranged for us to speak to pediatric specialists who were helpful in preparing us. She practices in Miramar, not Ft Myers, and does not deliver babies.

|  NEVER AGAIN!!  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2013

Would I tell a friend, NO! I would not mention this person name to anyone...I only mentioned my disappointing and scary experience!! I was placed in the hands of S.Salamat because I was a high risk pregnancy !! why because at the time No doctors could take care of me in my town so I had to drive to Miami (1 hr drive for every visit) and HAD no choice...this doctor had NO respect of who I was as a patient - psychologically it was a dismiss...may be NOT 'high risk pregnancy enough' for her liking?? at the beginning of the check-ups it was a very quick in and out visit...off you go...checks done....luckily it was my 2nd pregnancy - so I had experience and I am very in tune with my body...however still very scared of the unknown and the "if this happens...". I don't remember this doctor smiling at me once?? I did not feel this doctor had the patience and 'care' for me...each time I thought...what am I doing here? I would have questions but every answer was quick, sharp...keep moving...NEXT! the worse moment was 2 weeks before the due date when I told the doctor that my baby will not make another 2 weeks and to shorten the due date by a week (could not deliver naturally because of my hips). I was not listened to, nothing would have made her consider my request...she checked me internally and said NO the date stays the same!!! Therefore what happened after that...my baby was born exactly a week prior to the due date...but the BAD news was that when I called to tell her I was in labor she said to me over the phone "DON"T come here...it is too far " go to the nearest hospital... I was devastated and chocked why ? because all the other doctors concerning my heart had the date booked and the day the baby was ready...no other doctors were ready for us!!! 'the delivery was a high risk too!! My husband was livid !! I was panicking !! When I went to the nearest hospital I had to wait for a doctor to deliver 5 hrs later!! 5 hours of non necessary contractions!!the GOOD news is Mr OBGYN was very knowledgeable, companionate, fun and friendly - all what an expecting mother NEEDS !! my baby was a beautiful healthy baby brother!! thank you for reading me. Light and Love.

|  show details
by Hypot on Sep 3rd, 2008 on citysearch.com

Perhaps I was a no risk pregancy so she lost interest in me after the baby was born. I had clearly had thyroid problems from the day my baby was born or even before (as I could see from my blo d tests later on) and she brushed me off and sent me to the E

Read Full Review at citysearch.com