A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sharon Samuels:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sharon Samuels, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Critical Care
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Samuels graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Samuels has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Bellevue Woman's Care Center
- Albany Medical Center Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Samuels accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Cigna - 33 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sharon B. Samuels practice?
Dr. Sharon Samuels practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Albany, NY.
See Albany Surgeons.