Dr. Sharon Wilks MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology San Antonio, TX

September 23rd, 2014
One of the smartest Doctors that I have ever met. Thanks!

January 11th, 2014
Cancer patient
Dr Sharon Wilks is one of the most pragmatic knowledgable doctors I found after much research. If it were not for her, I would not be alive. My father is a doctor, and helped me find her. She is an angel on this earth. My family is greatful for her.

March 23rd, 2013
Dr. Wilkes is always described as compassionate but compassion is no substitute for competence. When we asked her if my husband could benefit from an appointment at the CTRC, she became defensive and said that if we wanted to consult another physician, she would be happy to forward his records. Also, he was dehydrated and the Brittany, the nurse practicioner, recommended fluid IV's. No on monitored his intake, not Dr. Wilkes nor Brittany, and he subsequently became bloated. As for the staff - taking blood without gloves on is strictly forbidden in every medical practice but that is what happened to my husband when the first technician could not draw his blood. Another woman appeared from ? The rest room? Another area? The computer? And, without gloves touched my husband's open cut. I asked why she was not wearing gloves and she said that she did not want to stick him again. Since complained, the next time we went, there was a sign that only patients and no familiy members could be in the Lab. No one followed up. My husband passed away. No word from Dr. Wilkes or her office.

July 19th, 2011
I'm not a chemist...
My only two gripes about Dr. Wilkes is when asked about the importance of an individuals PH in the body and how that plays a role with cancer she looked puzzled and dumbfounded and simply said "I'm not a chemist" That was just such an idiotic response. It turns out Dr. Wilkes that if your body is in an ALKALINE state that it helps to rid your body of free radicals therefore helping your body fight the cancer. when your boby is in an acidic state you are basically feeding the beast (cancer)Second, she wasn't the person to come and tell my mom that she had 2 weeks to a month to live. After Dr. wilkes found out that my mom progressed to brain tumors and there were no more treatments she could do she never came back to break the news that my mom was dying or to just check in on her even though Dr. Wilkes was doing rounds the whole time my mother was in the hospital, even passing by her room! Made us feel like discarded trash, I guess since she couldn't treat my mom with those expensive drugs.

January 8th, 2011
Intelligent, compassionate, on top of the latest in treatment options. I feel so totally comfortable when talking with her, I have to keep reminding myself not to call her Sharon, rather than Dr Wilks, though I suspect if I asked, she wouldn't mind. Of all drs experiences in all the areas we've lived around the US, she is absolutely the best.