Overall Review

October 29th, 2014
disappointed
Argumentative. Non-scientific. Un-helpful.

April 25th, 2014
Only got to see Zemel for a brief time as she was too busy and couldn't be bothered to cancel or reschedule appointment and had to keep leaving to answer questions from other medical people about patients.. Expected the PA to handle the appointment and neither the PA nor Zemel seemed prepared for the appointment. The appointment was to cover general education, treatment plan, diet and exercise per the pediatrician who set it up and deferred to Zemel. None of this was considered necessary, so the forms for the school nurse and health care plan the school wanted done couldn't be filled out or completed. unclear when next appointment will be or what exactly we are to do to care/manage any possible conditions until then. Everything done and said so far contradicts what I've been told by my child's neurologist, orthopedist, and school nurse not to mention my general practitioner and endocrinologist let alone information I've found from google and while I know that not everything on the internet is accurate I don't know how not to trust big name places like the Mayo clinic.

October 30th, 2012
terrible
mean, judgmental, won't investigate problems when you're suffering and instead tells you it's all in your head. worst endo ever, terrible bedside manners

April 18th, 2012
Great doctor
My daughter has been a patient for over a year. Dr. Zemel talks to her but also talks to me. My daughter is very comfortable discussing issue with Dr. Zemel and Dr. Zemel is a great listener; she takes what she hears and adapts the treatment accordingly. Have seen incredible improvement in my daughter since we switched doctors.

December 5th, 2011
Dr. Zemel spent a lot of time with my son and I and followed up with a phone call.

October 18th, 2011
HORRIBLE
misdiagnosed my daughter.....she missed DIABETES. how can you be an endocrinologist and not even test for diabetes when all signs are there?