Dr. Sharrol Barnes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sharrol Barnes?

LOVE Dr. Barnes!

Posted on March 4th, 2015

Dr. Barnes was my doctor during my pregnancy and delivery of my first daughter, 16 years ago. For reasons that were never totally understood, my daughter and I both "crashed" very unexpectedly. Dr. Barnes made a split second decision to do an emergency C-section. Although my daughter was very sick and not breathing when born, Dr. Barnes and the staff at CMC/Mercy South saved her life, and mine too as my vitals were going nuts. I've been told by other doctors that her quick response to a dire situation, probably saved both of us. I remember her comforting me and coming to visit every day while my daughter was still in the NICU and I was recovering in my own room. She'd always check on Mallorie first and then give me a report when she would come in to check on me. I will never forget the way she would sit in the corner chair, lean back and relax and look like she was ready to spend all the time in the world comforting me and listening to me as my daughter wasn't out of the woods until after I got out of the hospital. We moved from NC to FL a week after Mallorie was discharged from the hospital...perfectly healthy! It was very hard finding someone as wonderful as she was when I got to FL and became pregnant again with my second child. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She is kind, gentle, compassionate, knowledgeable, accessible, comforting and very easy to talk to. I credit having my sassy 16 year old irritated with me in her room down the hall right now, to Dr. Barnes. She literally saved both of our lives! Such a God-send!

Great disappointment after a decade

Posted on January 27th, 2010

I live about 80 miles from Charlotte now but Dr. Barnes was my GYN when I lived in town so I would make the long trip in to see her, thinking she was pretty terrific. Then I had an irregular mamogram and attempted to contact her for information. That was 7 months and MANY long distant phone calls ago and she STILL has not gotten back to me even after a LETTER to her office! I can only deduct that if everything is going right, she is great but when you really need her.......find yourself a doctor who gives a hoot..........

Sharrol Barnes for caring

Posted on February 13th, 2009

Sharrol was an excellent room mate in our two male and one female living relationship. She is an above average woman with enough deliveries that she ...

Posted on March 6th, 2017