Dr. Sharyl Balkin MD Patient Reviews

3.3

July 9th, 2012
I have been seeing Dr. Balkin for several years and never had an issue.
I would recommend Dr. Balkin

April 2nd, 2012
nice person
She is really a nice person but does talk about herself more than inquiring about the patient and the issues we are facing.

June 22nd, 2011
HORRIBLE DOCTOR....
My wife is a patient of Dr. Singer (Who is wonderful doctor) and while Dr. Singer was on vacation Dr. Sharyl Balkin was on call. My wife had slept only 3 hours in the last four days and needed help at around midnight because she was having her fifth sleepless night in a row. She paged the doctor on call (Balkin) and she called back and berated my wife for bothering her in the middle of the night. Balkin stated that my wife " was harassing her". I'm sorry, but aren't doctors supposed to be on call to help patients at all hours of the day and night. She is in the wrong profession. She is a horrible doctor and I can see that other patients feel the same as we do. Dr. Balkin please get a different job, you're going to do someone some serious damage with your bedside manners.

December 28th, 2010
Would never go back...
I went in the day after my husband ended up in the hospital for mental issues. I told her what had happened, and she belittled it and just told me to leave my husband. I would never leave my husband because i love him and want to fight for our relationship. She thought that it would be better for me to leave him anyway. Since then i have found my husband a good psychiatrist and we are doing much better without her.

November 19th, 2010
merrill urbane jr
Dr Balkin is a fine doctor she understands the problems people may have and is a very fine person not only as a doctor but also as a friend

October 11th, 2010
Very unprofessional, uncaring and self centered. She talks about herself more than the patient. She displays very poor follow up skills. I also saw a psycholgist in her practice to coordinate treatment. She never bothered to talk to the psychologist about current patient diagnosis and treatment. She does not take the time to refresh her memory prior to each visit, thus you repeat yourself and she never really progresses with treatment. VERY POOR EXPERIENCE.

September 13th, 2010
Inpatient Care
Saw doctor as a result of inpatient care for crisis situation. My wife was very concerned about my release from the hospital and asked to speak to Dr. Balkin several times (through the nurse on the floor, a call to her office and during one of her visits to the floor.) She never responded or tried to respond. (My wife is listed on my HIPAA as a approved contact.) As a result of her disregard for her legitimate concerns, I was released after 3 days without any follow-up plan or consul, and was thus hospitalized again 5 days later for the same, now more severe crisis situation. I feel that she mishandled and misdiagnosed the severity of my illness. At fragile times in life, one needs a caring, detail oriented doctor who pays attention to loved ones and concerns they have.

July 6th, 2010
very helpful, professional
Dr. Balkin spent time with me diagnosing my Seasonal Affect Disorder accurately. Her relaxed manner and empathtic conversation facilitated my recovering process.

November 2nd, 2009
Dr Balkin sent a fraudulant claim to BCBS trying to get money for herself for a appointment I never agreed to or had. I had to go to BCBS and .The Attorney General to get the matter straightened out.

October 6th, 2009
Dr. Balkin has been a great help to me in the past, but she does talk about herself too much for the amount of money she's charging. Her office communication and administration is TERRIBLE to the point of dangerous when not being able to get meds because of their incompetence.

July 22nd, 2009
Horrible Experience
She is unprofessional. She spent more time talking about herself than she spent listening to me.

September 22nd, 2008
This doctor was very unprofessional. I don't feel she is open-minded or empathetic both of which are necessary attributes for a good psychiatrist.