Dr. Shashi Rastogi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

January 25th, 2016
Try to find out where Dr Rastogi has moved to. Would really like to come back for a visit.

October 27th, 2014
Rude Dr...
I have been with Dr. Rastogi from last 3 years but looks like I need new Dr now. She is been rude to me in most of her visits but still I went to her just because she is Indian/Desi and will understand my background. Couple last visit, she and her husband both are being rude to me. They charged me copay for the visit that should not have copay. I contacted my insurance and confirmed before contacting them for refund. It is been more than 3 months they have not refunded me. From the time it happened...... they are trying to avoid and come up in examination room with rude behavior..... I do not recommend this Dr to anyone.... and I am changing my Dr. as well....

November 9th, 2013
Humiliating Doctor Appointment
When I first met this doctor she seemed very friendly,but professional. I has a visit with her and she seemed to have made a negative change. I left there feeling totally uncomfortable. I was having some female related problems so I went back to her and on that visit she attacked my weight,made extremely humiliating comments towards me and talked about me to her husband who is also a doctor in the office. She was negativly saying that I was angry and I told her that I was not angry,but I was in pain and there was a big difference. I had chatted briefly at the window with her husband as he engages patients is general pleasant conversation. I had no problems of the day other than medical until I encountered Dr. Rastogi and the exam room. I left there realizing that I had paid her to treat me in a rude unprofessional manner. I came home that day and changed my Primary care doctor and my gynecologist in the net work. I realized that though I am only one patient I do pay a portion of her salary and I deserved to be treated in a humane way. I surmised that she must have had a bad day and projected it on to me. I realized at that point that change is good and my only regret was not making it sooner. There really are some doctors out there that treat you with care and compassion and I really do wish Dr. Rastogi well...happy to have moved on.

June 20th, 2013
Bad experiance
I went to her with my third pregnancy and she was very rude and harsh when addressing concerns.. If your looking for an understanding dr that has empathy then look else where!

May 7th, 2013
Wonderful once you get to know her
Dr.Rastogi to me is a wonderful woman I can agree she has a certian bedside manner that threw me off when I was pregnant with my first child but When I went to her again for my next pregnancy she was much nicer and her demure had changed alot. I trust and know that she understands what she is doing and am always happy to see her at my yearly.

July 11th, 2011
Worst doctor I've ever encountered
This woman is a very rude doctor! I am 19 and having my first child with my loving husband who came with me to both of my visits before I found a nicer doctor. When I first met her she walked into the room and the first thing she said was "so your only 19" not so much as a hello or introduction, which became her usual intro on my next visit. When she was asking me about my previous health records and askin the standard questions she rudely told me to move my bangs out of my face so I could answer her questions as if I weren't answering them just fine already. My advice is to avoid this doctor if you want a stress free pregnancy.

June 2nd, 2011
Awesome
Dr. Rastogi, is an old school doctor she knows her trade very well. She's not a cream puff by any means. She is very direct, however she answers my questions and I'm not left feeling confused. She delivered my son. It was a great experience. The C section went great, so great in fact that I was able to have my second child nautral. If you are a cry baby, then this Dr. is not for you.

March 29th, 2011
Dr.Rastogi is very rude, her demeanor is harsh.Whenever I have had questions, she has always managed to make me feel stupid, laughing at me. This is my first child and though I have read up on pregnancy, I have questions and would like my doctor to answer. However, she has been rushed and dismissive.

July 19th, 2010
Great Doctor!
I like Dr. Rastogi a lot. I have always felt comfortable with her and her staff. I have never seen her yell at anyone, although I do see that her staff treats her with much respect. I felt that she's pretty down to earth. I went to her because she was a board certified, female doctor, covered by my insurance and I'm glad I have her as my doctor. She's been very knowlegdable about my pregnancy and did several test to make sure everything is going as it should be. Great Doctor!

October 13th, 2009
Good doctor.
She is a good doctor. The only thing that bugs me is the tension in her office. I can always hear her raising her voice at the office staff (FYI she is a loud speaker). She does demand excellence in her office and at the hospital. Overall though she is accurate and smart. She is a member of some good programs/organizations. She stays informed with the latest in medicine. She also has really good technology in her office that allows you to do procedures in the office rather than go somewhere else.

September 22nd, 2008
She's great
I read the reviews and i disagree with Miss Anonimous... Dr. Rastogi gets straight to the point and answers any questions I have. She isn't lovey dubby and huggy kissy and that is fine because I need a doctor, not a mother. She does like things to be accurate and she keeps it professional which makes me feel comfortable and safe around her. So big-ups to Dr. Rastogi for keeping it real and simple.

July 2nd, 2008
DOCTOR AND FRIEND
Dr. Rastogi has been my gynecologist since 1997. She performed my hysterectomy and was attentive and professional when complications occurred. She is an "old school" doctor, meaning that she takes time to ask me questions and to answer my questions fully. I feel quite comfortable talking with her and each office visit is like seeing an old friend. I have no doubts about her knowledge or ability, or that she always has my best interests at heart when ordering labs, tests or making diagnoses.