A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shastri Swaminathan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Shastri Swaminathan is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Swaminathan
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Swaminathan Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shastri Swaminathan, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Nuclear Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Swaminathan graduated from All-India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Dr. Swaminathan has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Shastri Swaminathan MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Shastri Swaminathan practice?
- Dr. Shastri Swaminathan has 2 office locations.
Dr. Shastri Swaminathan practices Psychiatry near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Psychiatrists.