Dr. Shaughnessy Mullen Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 28th, 2013

Lousy doctor with an even worse bedside manner

This dr. walked into the room (I was at Trident for a pain injection in my spine and had NEVER laid eyes on this dr.) and the first thing he said to me was not hello, but "do you have cancer?" Yes, I am thin...always have been thanks to good genetics, but certainly not cadaverous! What a way to greet a new patient! He then proceeded to tell me that thin people "usually" had some type of cancer! He also stated that "most pain patients were drug seekers/addicts", implying that we are a waste of his time! I went ahead with the injection despite my intense dislike of this doctor, but decided then and there that I would rather be in pain while I searched for a new dr. than be subjected to Dr. Mullen for even one more minute!

January 7th, 2011

He needs to have manners and be more professional

I saw this Dr. for my first and last time. He is rude, does not want to hear what you have to say. If you start to talk he will cut you off. He considers you a drug addict if you need meds. Does not want or care about what the Dr. who has treated you for over 20 years has to say. Insists I have fibro which makes me hurt.Really rude, and had me crying and my b/p was up when I left his office. I am 61 yrs. old and he does not respect his elders. I would advise anyone not to visit this Dr. He should stick with anesthology because he doesn't know about pain or treating people. He is the first Dr. that I have seen that doesn't care about your feelings. I won't go back and going to let my Dr. know how I was treated.

December 14th, 2010

this is why i dont see doctors bad bedside manner

i went to see dr.mullen and he was very rough in his examine and i feel that he did not take the time to listen to me and that he was talkiing to fast and rushing as if i was bothering him. all he keep saying is that pain medication narcotics was not a option and i was not even saying anything about that he acted like i was wanting it and i never mentioned it he kept saying it i went there to get help cause i have been dealing with pain for a while now not to get treated like i was some bad person all i wanted was help he even made a comment that the other specialist was wrong in my diagnoses. and i know that not to be i had an MIR done and he read it and is said the same thing hello!! dr. mullen was rude and seemed he was in a hurry didnt want to hear me and was so rough with the examine.i just had surgery not long ago and he poked on me so hard that i started to bleed again. and just acted like i was there to get what ever. i am very upset not sure if i can let this go. i would rather deal with the pain than to go back to him. dr like that should not practice.

March 15th, 2010

He is great! Very caring and easy to talk to.

January 18th, 2011