Overall Review

4.8

July 27th, 2015
Neograft procedure
My NeoGraft procedure was seamless. From the pre-appointment to the follow up appointment and everything in-between. The actual procedure was comfortable and actually quite relaxing. The staff were all very communicative and knowledgeable in answering my questions, giving me updates on what they were doing and how long things would take. I actually took a nap during the 2nd part of the procedure! I left the clinic with a bandage to protect the area where hair was harvested, and great instructions on how to care for both areas. Follow up was a breeze! A quick appointment to make sure all areas looked healthy and healing appropriately. Within 10 days of my procedure I left for a week-long ski mountaineering expedition in the Alaska mountains. Camping and skiing - yes, I did wear a wool or baseball hat every day!! No ill effects. I can't recommend Dr Allen's clinic enough, he and his staff are exactly the people you want doing this procedure. Experienced, knowledgeable and incredibly caring. From the moment I walked into the office on the first visit I know instantly that I was in good hands.

March 26th, 2015
I have seen many different dermatologists in the area and have always been disappointed in my care. A friend recommended Dr Allen. I have never felt so welcome and cared for as I did at dermatology specialits. Dr Allen and his staff were very professional and kind. From the front desk to his nurses, my whole experience was wonderful. I have definetly found a amazing practice!

best medical office EVER
I was referred by my dermatologist for a mohs procedure for a skin cancer on my nose. I was very nervous. I came into the office and was greeted with a smile. The nurse came and to get me and also greeted me with a smile, handshake, and eye contact. Very refreshing. She explained the procedure and was very knowledgeable. I sat in the chair, waiting for Dr. Allen, and came into the room and shook my hand and answered all my questions with no hesitation and made me feel at ease. They have a nice waiting area for mohs patients with coffee and snacks. During the procedure Dr. Allen and his nurse made me feel comfortable and kept checking on me to make sure I was not feeling any pain. I was very impressed with the entire staff and especially the doctor. His bedside manner is super and he Cates about his patients, not to mention the scar on my nose is hardly noticeable. I recommend this office to anyone. A++++++

March 25th, 2015
Dr. Allen is a great doctor, he and his staff are very warm and comforting. I Will be referring all my friends and family to his office for all medical and cosmetic reasons

Best in town, by far
Dr. Allen is absolutely amazing. Very professional, skin cancer expert & great bedside manner.

March 15th, 2015
Dr Rude
Treated his nurse very disrespectful. Shameful

March 10th, 2015
the only Mohs and cosmetic specialist to see in Boulder Colorado

February 4th, 2015
As a nurse receiving his care, I think he's the gold standard. The staff is warm and he and Dr Simmons are very thorough. No, I don't work for him, but I do send all my friends to both he and Dr Simmons

January 30th, 2014
Dr. Allen cures cancer.
Dr. Frederic E, Mohs pioneered this type of anti-cancer under-the-skin surgery beginning in 1938. Dr. Allen follows the refined Mohs guidelines, microscopically examines the cancerous cells during the progress of the operation, and routinely equals or exceeds the 98%-99% rate of ridding the site of cancer. Wow! Dr. Allen uses his cosmetic surgery skills to restore the surgical site (in my instance it is my face) to equal or exceed its original appearance, The office personnel and physical layout put me at ease during my series of sessions with Dr. Allen. A satisfying experience.

January 19th, 2012
Dr. Allen's practice is what medical care in this country should be like. He and his staff are totally professional, warm, bright AND compassionate. He has performed 2 MOHS surgeries on me, both fairly extensive, and I have felt totally relaxed and safe in his care. His office ought to be used as the standard by which all other practices are judged.

July 25th, 2011
Excellent doctor
Excellent doctor, nice office, friendly staff

March 27th, 2011
Dr. Allen is as fine a doc as I have seen. His treatment of my basel cell carcinoma was outstanding. His follow up has been great.His staff is caring and competent.