inactive

Shawn B Clark DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 4th, 2016
A skilled and caring doctor who talks to you like an adult--wonderful results from my surgery.

February 24th, 2015
Great doctor, terrible office staff
Dr. Clark is a great doctor with a very good bedside manner. His office staff on the other hand needs a lot of work. I was astounded with the lack of concern shown me by Dr. Clark's office staff. I also witnessed the same lack of concern directed to a patient in far worse condition than myself. Dr. Clark should do himself a favor, clean house and hire an entire new office staff.

October 16th, 2014
Egotistical, not helpful during brain surgery!
I had brain surgery with this doctor, he seemed like a good doc before I had surgery, but immediately afterwards, I was having some difficulties, spent more days in the hospital than I was first told I would, which I realize you can never be 100% sure of this, but while in the hospital, he treated me more like I was seeking drugs than as a patient who just had his skull cut open. I would NOT recommend him for anything. Sorry. His bedside manner is lacking a great deal. Definitely needs to learn compassion and realize until he is under the knife going through similar things, to never judge his patients! And also needs to realize ALL patients are different and no 2 surgeries will ever be the same. He is just heartless.

August 19th, 2013
100% success!
Dr. Clark is personable, straightforward, and will break down your problem and his proposed plan of action, show you visibly on your images, and give statistics on chance of 100% success as well as being frank about usual post surgery issues (pain,needing help at home, etc) and possible side effects or complications. One of the few times I have felt that I was truly advised of risks and benefits. If 0 It is clear that he really cares about the return of your function after surgery.

June 20th, 2013
A Very Intelligent Doctor
I am currently a patient of Dr. Clark's. He has always made me feel at ease during my appointments with him. He has always been very professional with me and has never been condescending towards me. I would recommend him to any of my family members and/or friends. Dr. Clark performed major surgery on me and I would positively choose him again. I am now eight weeks post-surgery and Dr.Clark has been very caring and thorough. I feel very confident that I could not have chosen a better neurosurgeon than Dr. Clark.

April 19th, 2013
Very knowledgeable and professional doctor. I would recommend to anyone that has questions or problems with lower back pain.

April 17th, 2013
Fabulous doctor, great personality.
Dr. Clark saw me through the ER on a Thursday after he was called to evaluate a brain tumor revealed by testing following a new onset seizure. He operated on Monday and removed the benign meningioma completely. I was discharged the following Thursday with absolutely no deficits. Dr. Clark followed me very closely and was very caring and considerate of my family. He is very witty and personable which made a stressful experience much easier.

February 14th, 2013
Dr. Shawn Clark was highly recommended to me. I had suffered with lower back pain for years with no relief and had visited numerous doctors. Dr. Clark determined my problem immediately and scheduled surgery. After surgery I went home within a few hours and never experienced any adverse side effects or pain in my back. It has been a couple of months now and I am still pain free. I have always heard recovery from back surgery was thengthly, my recovery was immediate. I went home pain free, was up the next day and have not stopped since. I would recommend Dr. Clark and his staff to anyone who is having problems with their back. He is kind, caring and one of the best doctors I have had dealings with.