Dr. Shawn Davies MD Patient Reviews

• 7 reviews

September 8th, 2016
The best OB/GYN!
Dr. Davies is the best! He cares about his patients, and takes time during appointments to discuss all the patients concerns. I recently had some bad experiences with other physicians, thankfully I no longer have to worry.

March 24th, 2014
Find another doctor
Please let me begin by stating I am in the healthcare field and have “Cadillac insurance”. Dr. Shawn Davies provided me the worst customer service I have ever seen in healthcare. I was in extreme acute pain and needed an appointment and was told that the next appointment was in two months. However, if I went to the ER, he would see me within two weeks. I decided to get another opinion before I went to the ER. The opinion I got from the second doctor, who was not my primary OBGYN, was surgery so I chose to wait and speak with my primary OBGYN, Dr. Davies, before making any decisions. I waited over a month for an appointment. I went in for my appointment with Dr. Davies and was told me I was no longer his patient. He refused to see me because I got a second opinion. Ironically, I went to him for a second opinion. I had only seen a different OBGYN because she was willing to see me the day I was in extreme acute pain. I was horrible embarrassed in waiting room as the office manager ripped apart my chart and told me to leave. Dr. Davies at Rush University Medical Center is a complete embarrassment to the organization and OBGYN’s everywhere. I wouldn't go back to his office if he were the last OBGYN in the state. I wish there were 0 stars.

March 29th, 2011
Dr. Davies is one of the few doctors who do not rush you through an office visit. He does not overbook his day, which allows time to discuss issues, concerns or questions you may have. He is very caring, and he puts his patients at ease. He answers all questions honestly, thoroughly, and with a great bedside manner. He calls to go over all test results (even routine ones) instead of leaving the task to a staff member. I would highly recommend Dr. Davies to any of my friends or family members!

January 20th, 2011
Vey good Doctor.
I'm actually a nurse and am very picky of what doctor I see. He's excellent...he delivered my 2 children and had adressed all my issues!!

April 13th, 2010
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! I CALLED TOQUESTION A BILL AND SPOKE TO A VERYRUDE RECEPTIONIST. I ASKED TO SPEAK TOTHE OFFICE MANAGER AND WAS INFORMED THATSHE WAS THE MANAGER. TWO WEEKS LATERI RECEIVED MY MEDICAL RECORDS VIACERTIFIED MAIL AND A LETTER TELLING METO FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR. I HAVE NEVER BEENFIRED BY A DOCTOR. NOT VER PROFESSIONAL.

December 15th, 2009
I don't trust him
I would recommend staying far from this office. The short story is after two appointments I received a call from their receptionist saying they felt I would be happier with another doctor, they would refer me to a clinic, and that my following appt was canceled because they would not see me again. Despite my protests that I would not be happier finding another dr they insisted that they would not see me again.Long story; At my first visit the dr was setting up to do an ultrasound (unexpected, since there is usually one at 20 weeks) and told me that they used to have one ultrasound machine. But, he said the women wanted to see the babies at every appointment, so they got two machines. At the end of the appt. they drew blood. I got bill for HIV and three other STD tests, as well as $65 for my blood type (which I had told them at the first visit). I had not wanted STD tests, knowing I can't have any. When I went in for my next appt I told my dr I wanted to be informed before any more tests were done so I could have a choice. He told me the tests were mandated by IL law. I said okay. I just moved to IL, I didn't know.Then I got the bill for the first two appts. The 1st and 2nd appts had $300 and $400 ultrasounds. From previous experience and from my dr's comments I felt that it would be absurd for me to keep getting ultrasounds at every appointment. Even with my insurance covering 80%, that's still $60-$80 each visit for a few pictures of my baby. I also found some information on IL laws mandating pregnant women consent to HIV testing. I was never informed about the HIV tests, and I did not remember consenting in writing. So I called them to ask to push my next appt back a month, so I would be at 20 weeks (the typical time you get an ultrasound). She said she didn't know if the doctors would allow that, but she would ask. I said fine, then I asked if she could send me copies of any consent forms I signed (just in case I had signed something and didn't remember). She said there were no consent forms. A few minutes later she called me back to say the doctors didn't want to change my appt. I said that was fine, I wouldn't change it. She asked me why I wanted to, and I said that I had gotten my bill and didn't want to pay $400 for another ultrasound before I needed it. But I said I was fine with keeping my current appt, and I would just request that they not do an ultrasound. A minute later she called back, and that's when I was told my doctors wouldn't see me again.I talked to the Dr. He said they felt like I was antagonistic, that I wasn't happy with their treatment, that I was fighting them every step of the way. He brought up the blood tests. Once I was told they were state mandated I didn't complain any more. I asked him if he remembered his story, and said that indicated that ultrasounds at each appointment were unnecessary. He said he also said they felt surveillance was important, and they often caught potential complications in the last month. That's fine; that's just not what he told me before.I don't understand how a doctor could be adverse to answering questions. Asking a question doesn't mean I'm questioning the validity of the treatment, it just means I have a question about the treatment. Now I'm in my 4th month stuck with my 2nd choice hospital with a doctor I haven't met. My mom's theory (nurse for 25+ years) is they didn't want to waste time knowing I would ask for fewer treatments; they would be better off replacing me with someone willing to let them charge $300-$400 more each appt. It seems like a horrible reason, but it makes more sense than simply not liking my questions.If you want a doctor you can't trust to stay with you through your pregnancy, a doctor you can't feel comfortable asking questions, and a doctor who wants to charge you as much as possible for each visit, then he's great. If you have a complication in your last month, they'll catch it on the 10th ultrasound. (Because they couldn't do an ultrasound at 20 weeks, and start again at 34 weeks, for approximately $3000 less.)

December 3rd, 2008
The Best
I highly recommend Dr. Davies. He is very knowledgable and has an excellent bedside manner. His staff is wonderful as well. They are nice and professional. He delivered my son this year and the entire pregnancy was easier because of Dr. Davies and his entire office.