Dr. Shawn Garber, MD
Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Very Happy show details Very Happy
Aug 8th, 2015

so far everyone has been so nice and courteous.

Jul 17th, 2015

DOCTOR WAS VERY HELPFUL.

Best Weight Loss Surgeon in NY area show details Best Weight Loss Surgeon in NY area
May 28th, 2015

Dr. Garber did my sleeve gastrectomy about 6 months ago and I already lost almost 100 lbs. He is the most experienced surgeon and has a great bedside manner. Love all of his office staff and his new modern beautiful office on Roslyn that is really hi-tech and efficient.

May 26th, 2015

Dr. Garber is the best surgeon in the New York area. I love his physician assistant Donna. Everything was covered by my insurance and I have no scars. Recommend him highly!!!!!

May 5th, 2015

donna is so nice and professional and positive staff is great too.

Apr 1st, 2015

Dr. Garber was the best and did my sleeve with SILS technique and I have no scars.

My experience at NY Bariatric show details My experience at NY Bariatric
Mar 28th, 2015

I have been coming here for six months now, service and staff has been excellent. I would definately recomment NY Bariatric Group.

Mar 21st, 2015

Dr. Garber changed my life! I am down 80 lbs blood pressure is now 120/80 instead of 176/97. No more sleep apnea and I feel great!

Feb 21st, 2015

excelent doctor.

Long road to success show details Long road to success
by L. Martin on Feb 5th, 2015

Dr. Garber preformed my surgery in 2006. He is more than comptent. I havent had any issues and I would do it again.

Bedside Manner/Caring/ Spends time with me show details Bedside Manner/Caring/ Spends time with me
Jul 11th, 2013

Dr. Garber, helped me years ago at a young age to come out of my shell. All my life I lived in this big girl shell. HE helped me, didn't force me and guided me with all my options for surgery decisions. Even now, I think of him everyday and say, I would never be here if it wasn't for him. Lastly, his bedside manner and the way he makes you feel when you fear going into surgery is amazing. I actually feel safe and at ease with him.

Pleasant and caring physician show details Pleasant and caring physician
by Liz on Mar 26th, 2013

i was tired all the time, no energy, and felt horrible. I consistently struggled to fit into clothes and feel good about myself. After my WLS, i have more energy with just 20 lbs weight loss just a week post surgery. My general mood is upbeat and i am looking forward to the future enthusiastically. Dr. Garber is very pleasant and thoroughly explained all aspects of pre and post surgery. Thank you to the New York Bariatric Group.

Thank You! show details Thank You!
Feb 14th, 2013

Before my surgery none of my clothes were fitting, if not they were too tight. I was also having breathing problems especially when using stairs and any incline. I had an overactive bladder due to being overweight and was always feeling tired. After surgery my energy is finally building back up, my clothes are fitting and i haven't used my inhaler since. I have even noticed that i dont have to eat alot to feel full. Both meeting Dr. Garber and at the time of my surgery he has been informative and gone over and answered any questions that i had. He explained the surgery so well that it made me feel very comfortable and have no worries going into surgery. Since my surgery i have lost 40lbs in a month- thank you Dr. Garber.

Thankful I Chose Dr Garber & NY Bariatrics! show details Thankful I Chose Dr Garber & NY Bariatrics!
by Toni Marie R on Jan 23rd, 2013

The doctors, nurses and staff are professional, helpful and top in their field. Dr Garber did my Sleeve Gastrectomy in Oct 2012. I had minimal discomfort and one small incision in my belly button. Any question I have are answered promptly. I am very thankful that after my research of doctors I chose NY Bariatric. I am down 65lbs and 28 to go. After all these years of being over weight I am finally recognizing the person looking back at me in the mirror. I have my spirit back!

I'm so glad i chose Dr. Garber! show details I'm so glad i chose Dr. Garber!
Nov 21st, 2012

Dr. Garber made me feel extremely comfortable from our initial consult up until this very day. I am so thankful for the constant help of my patient advocate and the staff for helping me out with all of my many questions and concerns along the way. I am proud to say that i have lost so much weight and my surgery was a success. I totally recommend him!

Dr. Garber is excellent - his staff not so much show details Dr. Garber is excellent - his staff not so much
Sep 17th, 2012

While I have every confidence in Dr. Garber's abilities he surrounds himself with an incompetent staff that makes numerous errors on prescriptions for tests and takes no responsibility for their errors. Dr. Garber can be a great doctor but his support team do not instill confidence nor does one person know what the other is doing - re: double scheduling tests, providing incorrect info, and me being calling several times by different people all for the same thing. His staff is a major concern to me and a reason why I am considering a different surgeon.

Doctor's Response

I thank you for the praises in my abilities. I take comments about the staff seriously and you can be rest assured that all of your concerns have been addressed. We strive to provide the best customer service possible and have reorganized the way the front desk staff does things so this no longer occurs. We now have patient advocates in our office assigned to each patient so the same person is always helping you along during the work-up process.

Apr 17th, 2012

He is the best most experienced bariatric surgeon in the NY area. I recommend him highly. He saved my life.

Doctor's Response

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Dec 13th, 2011

Overall Great doctor

Doctor's Response

Thank you very much. We take pride in having one of the largest experiences in the area.

May 2nd, 2011

Dr. Garber is the best most compassionate and caring doctor with the largest experience in the NY area. He is on the cutting edge with newest procedures in weight loss surgery including SILS, single incision Lap-Band surgery and is the only surgeon in the area that performs this surgery.

Doctor's Response

Thank you very much for your kind review. The SILS is an amazing option for patients having sleeve gastrectomy and Lap-Band and is virtually scarless.