Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Sanford Health Broadway Clinic
1527 Broadway St
Alexandria, MN 56308
320-762-0399
Locations and availability (2)

|  SHE SAVED MY LIFE AND MY SONS LIFE  |  show details
by AMANDA DAHMES on Jul 4th, 2010

I HIGHLY recomend seeing her as your Dr. My sons water was low and the other Dr I was seeing kept blowing it off. Went in and she did an ulreasound and induced me. If I wouldnt have been induced my son would have died form laying on his cord(heart dropped 5 min after we got to the hospital to be induced). I had post turm hemriging(sp) after my son and almost died bleeding out. She stayed with me all night off and on and made sure I was ok. Checked up on me many times even tho the nurses did and it was there Job. Very personal, Sweet, caring. you feel like your going to see a trusted long time friend when you go and see her. She delivered my Daughter as well. She is very profeshional!! I tell everyone to go to her!!! NO JOKE!! <3 <3 <3

|  show details
May 16th, 2010

Dr. Shawn Severson is amazing! She diagnosed why we weren't getting pregnant almost immediately and worked with me so well! Once we were pregnant she was great. She loves doing ultrasounds and does them herself. She always has time at every visit for questions and is never in a hurry but never wastes your time either. We had many issues in our pregnancy and she was fabulous and gave us her cell phone number to check in in the middle of the night when things were looking bad. She was at the hospital on the weekend to check on me and then knew when to transfer us to a hospital with NICU when it looked like we were going to be delivering early. And she asked that we call to tell her we got there. She's personable, knowledgeable, very detailed, reassuring and laid back but doesn't miss anything either. I can't say enough good things about her. I really can't think of a doctor who would hand out their cell phone number to their patients.

|  show details
Jul 8th, 2009

An Ob/Gyn who knows and supports natural birth and VBACs. Excellent bedside manner and treats you with caring and respect. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Severson.

|  30 years of suffering Relieved!  |  show details
by Joni Neiman on Mar 15th, 2009

After suffering with menstrual issues, seeing many doctors over the years, one visit with Dr. Severson and she saw what needed to be done and did it within the week. Changed my life forever! I love her. Loved her so much that I encouraged my daughter who was in a high rise pregnancy to go to Dr. Severson. Jack was born without any complications or side effects for him or his mother. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dr. Shawn. You're the greatest!