Dr. Shawn Sieler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

May 19th, 2016
Very pleased with Dr Sieler for my ankle injury as part of work-comp.

December 26th, 2014
So glad I found him!
I adore this doctor and his staff. I originally had to see Dr. Sieler due to a broken ankle with some light ligament damage. It was a worker's comp case, and not knowing any other ortho docs, I accepted the recommendation from my case worker. I'm glad I did. I am NOT an easy patient. At first, I rarely used the crutches and I didn't rest the ankle like I should have. (I can't stay still.) I also had a massive case of cast claustrophobia and I sawed the cast off about 2 weeks before it was due to come off. He wasn't pleased about it, but he didn't condescend me and he seemed to understand. He allowed me to wear an airboot if I promised to stay off the ankle. It was a deal! I healed up nicely, and one year later, there is no sign that I ever had an ankle injury. Fast forward several months and I decided to finally seek treatment for my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. (Both hands.) Remembering how much I liked Dr. S. and his staff, it was a no-brainer who my surgeon would be. I received the surgery on my right hand/wrist 10 days ago and will be having my left side treated in about 3 weeks. I have experienced very little pain since the surgery. To be honest, I had instant relief of my symptoms. The day after the operation, I was actually wrapping Christmas presents. For me, the worst part of the ordeal has been the cast. Every day, I have to talk myself out of ripping it off. That's not the doc's fault though, I'm just intolerant of being confined. The bottom line is this: If you want a learned doctor that seems to know his stuff, a doctor and staff that spend time with you and listen to your concerns, an educated professional that doesn't treat you like an inferior idiot, and a skilled surgeon that can perform a relatively painless Carpal Tunnel Release surgery, Dr. Sieler's your man. He will be my go-to guy for any future ortho issues.

July 31st, 2014
Dr. Sieler is an outstanding surgeon with excellent bedside manners.

November 13th, 2011
i would definetly recommend dr.sieler he is the best doctor i ever had/heard of. If it wasn't for dr.sieler i wouldn't have my left hand today. He saved my hand for me and i am forever greatful for that. He's done all my surgeries on my hand/wrist and i wouldn't of wanted anyone but him to do it. He's so sweet and caring and he genuinely cared about my recovery and my able to use my hand again. I will never be able to say thank you to him enough. So if your looking for an orthopedic doctor/ surgeon dr.sieler is your guy!

November 17th, 2009
I used this physician four times over the last 12 years with excellent results each time.

October 17th, 2008
Only see Dr Sieler if you are 60+
I went to see Dr Sieler because I injured myself at work. I have two bulged disks and one herniated disk in the lower back. The disk damage has given me SEVERE PAIN and limited mobility. Upon see Dr Sieler he send me to a pain managemet Dr for a spinal epidural. The epidural didn't do much. Dr Sieler then told me I had reached my MAXIMUM MEDICAL LIMIT, and even though I was in SEVERE PAIN, he would not give or recomend any further treatment. I asked him about having surgery to correct the bulged disk, and he said that at 48 'I WAS TOO YOUNG' Wait until I was 60 for such surgery. I asked him if I could contunue with the use of pain meds, and he said he wouldn't. SO IF YOU ARE UNDER 60 YEARS OLD AND HAVE A MEDICAL PROBLEM, DONT SEE DR SIELER. ALL HE WILL DO IS TELL YOU COME BACK WHEN YOU ARE OLDER!! I felt like I was thrown out on the street to fend on my own. Now without medical insurance, I can't even get pain meds or opt to have surgery with another Dr.