Dr. Shawn Stephens MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Sarasota, FL

August 6th, 2016
Wrong call made
Doctor Stephen's was informed I was in labor and took several hours to get to the hospital. He told the staff to have me "labor down " A midwife told me to prepare for a c section because my pelvis was too small. When he comes in, he makes me deliver vaginally after saying he was in a meeting where all the doctors said I need a c section. Because of him, my pelvis was separated. I couldn't even walk to go see my baby on the other side of the room, and I needed a bedside commode. My baby was born with a huge blister on his head from scrapping along my tailbone. I will never see this doctor again. Heard good things but who avoids a c section just to keep a low c section rate on their record.

August 5th, 2016
The best! My daughters and I all see him and love him! His bedside manner is fabulous! His staff is pleasant!

January 9th, 2015
Awesome doctor
Awesome doc. Spends so much time with you. I really think he is a diamond in the rough. Amazing bedside manner and compassion.

June 18th, 2014
Routine
I think this doctors bed side manner is likable and reasonable, also the time spent while in an exam is acceptable and comparable to many other physicians in the same field. I do feel that there have been many subjective tests ordered throughout my pregnancy to conclude or suggest scheduled inductions at varying points. I have clearly indicated desire for a spontaneous labor, and haven't had any prior test results that would suggest distress or medical need. However, induction has been the foremost at many of my 3rd trimester exams(prior to 39weeks) either for estimated size of baby, estimated AFV, or maternal age. Thus causing added concerns to the pregnancy that haven't been established as definitive causing added stress and worry. Week 40 hasn't been reached yet or passed and hoping to continue forward without medical induction. All other conditions are within normal expeditions and no other risk factors have been diagnosed. Overall very compliant with ACOG guidelines, and patient statistics.

January 29th, 2014
FINALLY "Dr & Staff" Equally NICE PROS!
I am a "new" patient and my first impression was---"Excellent" of Doctor Stephen and his support Staff. Easily rate 5 Stars!! Genuinely kind, friendly and caring--they put you at ease. Once you discover them you will have no need to go anyplace else for your lifetime OBGYN care. We are so fortunate to have them here for us! I have left several reviews as they are new and it is helpful to read this as I looked for it myself. I also posted to their Facebook page! As personal experience is the Best reference in my opinion!! It is a relief to find a place where you feel you can trust them with your very personal health! I am just over 50 and I have finally found a Doctor that I can rely on! Thank you Dr Stephens and your dear staff members! Please keep up this wonderful reputation---everyone will want to be your patient!! Just don't get too busy for me!!-(SMILE)