Dr. Shawn Strain MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Corpus Christi, TX

• Good
  • Bad

February 17th, 2016
I have been going to Dr. Strain since I was 16 years old, 10 years later and I still see her. She is a great doctor and I recommend her to everyone.

December 30th, 2013
Wonderful doctor :)
Dr. Strain is a wonderful doctor. I am on pregnancy number four (in four years) and she did not lecture me one bit about having them so close together. He wasn't able to deliver my first (it ended being after hours and she wasn't on call), but she delivered my other two. Her personality is so upbeat, but she is very professional in the labor and delivery room. She stays concerned about both you and baby and makes sure you are as calm and comfortable as possible. I love her and recommend her to everyone. By the way, there are times that your routine appoints are a longer wait, but that's because she takes off to deliver one of her patient's babies. Which I think is wonderful because comes to show you how important you are to her. I don't mind waiting an extra few minutes to see her. Her staff is also very kind and friendly.

December 13th, 2013
Best Doctor I have ever had!
Dr. Strain goes above and beyond to take care of you! She listens to you and makes you feel important! Love her to pieces!

April 7th, 2013
we loved her shes a great doctor :)
when i went there and i was nervous or sad or angry she would calm me down and make me laugh. she helped me alot on my pregnancy and she helped me understand alot about my pregnancy. when i would call to talk to her she was always there to answer n help me with any questions i had. :) when it was time to have my baby she wasnt in the office but she came in a hurry to come and deliver my son :) as she was doing it she was talking to me trying to relax me and make sure i was ok :) after wards she would come and check up on me :) i absolutely looove her :)

January 20th, 2013
Rude and Inappropriate
She was supposed to deliver my son. Never spent more than 10 min. in the office and never asked if I had any questions. She would often make rude and inappropriate jokes to my husband and I. She was ready to induce early on and on my due date she said we needed to induce and said she would be there. She broke my water AND THEN told me she had a dinner date to attend and left. I did not see her or hear from her again till she called several days later to ask how it went. If you are going to regular appointments or just need birth control she is a fine doctor. If you are pregnant and especially if you want as natural childbirth as possible, I suggest to look elsewhere.

October 28th, 2012
Great Doctor!
I was a nervous wreck when I was pregnant with twins, and she was WONDERFUL!!! You do have to wait sometimes, but she is there for you when you need her and takes her time with each patient. She is so positively upbeat it is contagious! Dr. Strain always put me at ease along with Stephanie her nurse. They are such a great team. I am looking forward to my next pregnatcy with her.

August 11th, 2011
She is awesome
Great bedside manner, knowledgeable, helpful, always listens and respectful. Best obgyn doc I have ever known. Really takes care of you, helps you make decisions in your care.

February 15th, 2011
we love her!
i can't imagine having babies without her! :) she's wonderful - brings joy and fun to the entire process of ob/gyn. her contagious personality always greets us at the door. i trust her 100% and she always has my health and our little one's health in mind. thorough and professional, all the while, fun!i often have to wait for a while in the waiting room, but that is largely due in part to the fact that she has such a high delivery rate. she does whatever she can to be the one to deliver her patients, which i admire & appreciate. when i remind myself of that, i don't mind the waiting!

August 9th, 2010
i truely feel that i have made the right choice with dr strain, she is a great dr and i always look foward to seeing her, i was very nervous the first time i want into her office but she put me at ease within minutes, she is very down to earth and always puts ur needs and concerns first,im glad she is delivering my baby.

September 4th, 2009
Current Patient
Dr. Strain is tactful and matter of fact. She is neither unkind nor overly sensitive when discussing difficult issues. She gives honest opinions based on her experience but leaves the decision making up to the patient. I appreciate her treatment and trust her with my care.

May 27th, 2009
WONDERFUL OB
Dr. Strain is a wonderful, caring, personable OB. You do have to interrupt her to get a word in sometimes, but it is totally worth it. She really cares about the patient and takes patient concerns seriously. She has no problem ordering extra sonograms just to put your mind at ease. Her nurse and front desk person are also very nice and easy to deal with. I cannot say enough good things about this doctor. She is really on YOUR side, will answer any questions, and does what is best for you and your baby, not what is easiest for the hospital. If you are looking for as close to a stress-free pregnancy as you can get, with a wonderful, caring doctor, go see Dr. Strain. The two other women I know who are her patients also love her!

September 3rd, 2015