Dr. Shawn Young Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Shawn Young?

Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. Shawn Young?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 14th, 2015

As a surgeon, I'm going to select a surgeon with excellent technical skills and more importantly excellent judgment. Dr Young has both and has operated on me five times for an abdominal metastatic sarcoma. I trust my life to him. Could not have found a better surgeon.

May 17th, 2013

Awful

I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. His poor decision making skills left my loved one in pain and many of those who loved him grieving. I believe Shawn wanted to do good, but put his own good before his patients' needs. His bedside manner was very poor. He needs to be honest with patients and think of their comfort before cutting.

November 1st, 2012

Great Oncology Surgeon

I've had a large squamous cell cancer operated on my leg by Dr. Young. During a follow-up visit he suggested that I get a biopsy of a self discovered breast mass, which ended up being invasive cancer. Because, of his early diagnosis, I had minimal problems, and was able to avoid chemo and radiation therapy. He has taken extremely good care of me for 2 potentially very bad problems. His office staff is great also.

September 26th, 2012

Best technical surgeon I have ever had

I am a retired surgeon having had my previous surgical care (9 operations) at the MD Anderson Cancer Center. When they essentially gave up on me, I went to Dr Young who has operated on me three time. My recovery time has been reduced by one fourth and my major metastases have all been removed. Dr Young has allowed the prolongation of my life which I never expected. He is a superb technical surgeon and certainly better than anyone at the MD Anderson Hospital in Houston.

June 28th, 2011

Highly recommend

Dr. Young is an exceptional surgeon and one of the most caring and empathetic doctors I have ever met. I trust him with my life, literally. I cannot describe the terror of the situation I was in when I was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma in my lymph nodes. Dr. Young was highly recommended to me by another medical professional, and I knew that God had led me to the right doctor. He is thorough and kind. I feel very fortunate to have him as a leader in my health care team. I would recommend him to anyone who needs his specialty.

April 21st, 2011

post op

He gave me surgery... was good at taking care of my anxiety and keeping up with my family too. Checked in after surgery. Overall very caring professional!

April 12th, 2010

Great surgeon

I was extremely happy with the professionalism of Dr. Young. Highly recommended.

March 26th, 2017