A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shawna Westermann:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shawna Westermann, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Westermann graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Westermann has 1 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Westermann accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 1 plan
- Humana - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Health Alliance Medical Plans - 1 plan
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan