Dr. Shazia Malik MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Saint Louis, MO

2.0

April 20th, 2017
Worst Experience with a Doctor Ever.
I made an appointment with Dr. Malik 4 months ago. I had to take a day off from work to see her. The day of my appointment I recieved a phone call saying that the office needed to cancel my appointment. Apparently the system crashed and they were unable to see patients. Also, Malik was out of the country. I was unable to reschedule sooner, so i had to wait an additional month to see her. I was informed that she would, in fact, be back in the country for my appointment. The alternative was having a "skype" appointment with her. I was not interesting in skyping my doctor. I had to take an addutional day off from work for my new appointment date. I was 20 minutes early for my appointment to fill out paper work. I was then moved to a different waiting room. I sat for OVER an hour with anyone even acknowledging my presence. Finally i went to the reception desk and ask if I would be seeing the doctor today because I my appointment was over an hour ago. The girl at the desk told me i was waiting so long because there was another new patient in front of me. I asked if the doc was in the country cause i had over heard someone saying she was not. Turns out she was not in the country. I told the receptionist that my appointment was pushed out further so thst i was able to see the doctor face to face. So after 2 days off from work, 2 appointments, over an hour of waiting I still never actually saw the doctor. I was then told i could either see the nurse practitioner or i could reschedule my appointment....again. No thanks. I'll take my money elsewhere.

August 19th, 2016
Scheduled appointments and she has cancelled the appointments with little or no notice, such as when you get to the appointment and the nurse says she has to cancel. The only reason I gave any star at all is because it would not allow me to leave rating without choosing one. I can't believe she is able to continue to practice.

August 16th, 2016
Disgrace to the profession
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! I waited over 2 hrs - other patients were leaving & everyone complaining that wait is always 2-3 hrs. She filled out my prescription to wrong name address & birthdate! Birthdate was off by 30 years! A disgrace to the profession & should not be allowed to practice!

August 1st, 2016
Worst doc I've ever seen in my life.

May 31st, 2016
Do not use Shazia Malik
2 hour waits for 10 minutes with doctor, unprofessional staff. Changes meds without telling patient. Nice lady but I will be changing my doctor.

February 3rd, 2016
Never go to Shazia Malik
I would not send my dog to see her. She is a waste of time. She will not call you back or follow up. I had to call 6 times over 2 weeks in order for her to call me back. Took over 2 weeks for her and her office to forward files to another Doctor. Had to threaten to call an attorney in order to get files sent.

November 12th, 2015
She is wonderful
She was willing to bring in my unsupportive parents and explain to them that yes, I really did have a problem, and a bad one at that. Before they just thought I was making it up for attention.

November 5th, 2015
She has no respect for people's time. I have had to wait 2 hours each time I have an appointment.

October 29th, 2015
Arrived for my new patient appointment 30mins before the appointment time. Spent 20mins filling out paperwork with an incredible amount of duplication, then waited _over two hours_ before giving up and leaving. A mental health professional that leaves her patients waiting over 2hrs without explanation mustn't care much for her patient's mental well being. The receptionist said the wait was unusual, but looking at the other reviews I'd say it's normal. This "Dr" has no business seeing or treating patients. I hope people take this under consideration and go somewhere else.

June 3rd, 2015
Never go to Shazia Malik
Shazia Malik is never on time. Her office staff complain about it themselves.

April 6th, 2015
Personally, she was a pretty good Dr., but I waited up to 2 hours past my appointment time Once, and easily up to an hour for several other visits and could only get in when I threatened to leave.

August 22nd, 2014
I waited 3 hours to see Dr. Malik. The waiting room was filthy and there were 20+ patients waiting. While in my appointment Dr. Malik ate while talking with me, and spoke with food in her mouth. She also answered her phone twice during my appointment. One phone call she discussed another patient's care in front of me. She lacks professionalism which made me feel that she did not take my visit seriously. I would not recommend her.