Dr. Shazia Sami MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Kew Gardens, NY

• Good
  • Bad

December 28th, 2016
Needs more competent office staff.
My daughter and I are both patients of Dr. Sami, and she is a great doctor. She needs better staff though. She gave me a referral to a doctor and I was in the referred doctor's office. They asked me to have Dr. Sami's office fax over my lab results before they could prescribe me medication. Dr. Sami's office sent someone else's labs over. The person had the same first name but a different last name. Due to this, the other doctor has not been able to prescribe me the meds that I need. The office called and they sent mine, but they showed up blank at the other office. I drove there from the pharmacy, thinking it should have been rectified, and having found out that it hadn't been. The clock was ticking because it was 4:30 and they close at 6:30. I had taken today off, but I have to work tomorrow. I wanted to start the regimen asap to get rid of the infection. The referred doctor's office told me that the girl in Dr. Sami's office laughed when she told her that she sent the wrong person's labs. I'm going to look for a better doctor. I can't be inconvenienced like this when I am sick and need help. Smh. It's more aggravation to make me feel even worse. They bill my insurance, why can't they do their jobs right? If she would replace them or retrain them, I would stay. It's too bad. I could sue, but I don't want to right now.

June 2nd, 2015
She checks for everything. I get appointments with no problem, and staff is very courteous. She does a follow up after blood work, but the office actually called me to let me know there was a problem. But there's a patient portal, so you can check your records, your meds, etc. I would definitely recommend her.

April 28th, 2015
Pretty good doctor and staff very nice and thorough.

August 20th, 2014
good dr
i would recommend. sometimes there is a wait. but sometimes it can be quick. good bedside manners and very courteous staff

December 23rd, 2013
Professional and patient
She's extremely informative, and usually offers more than one solution. She is usually able to fit me into her schedule quickly. She is very patient and professional. She has an array of services and always spends her time with her patient making sure they understand. She's truly caring and passionate with what she does. Accepts a lot of insurances.

May 4th, 2016