Dr. Sheela Modin MD Patient Reviews

2.5
  • 8 reviews

November 13th, 2015
This doctor is the worst!
Dr Modin is the worst doctor I've ever encountered. She lacks compassion. She's very hostile. She's arrogant. Plus she lies and can't be trusted. Avoid this doctor!

September 26th, 2015
Avoid this doctor!
Dr Modin is totally incompetent. She's dishonest. She lied and told me there were no side effects from radiation. Her bedside manner is cold as ice. If you question her, she gets combative. Plus she never calls you back. I would urge patients to avoid her!

September 15th, 2015
Please be warned. Dr. Modin is unresponsive. She will just ignore messages and never call back. This happened several times. She fails to provide adequate information regarding potential side effects and consequences of radiation treatment, continues with radiation in the face of dire consequences such as urinary incontinence and then disclaims any connection between the radiation and the mess she has left her patient in. Her staff lacks compassion and blames the patient and becomes frustrated with the patient when the patient's medical issues do not respond well to treatment. Then they shrug their shoulders and abandon the patient with no answers and no assistance. Shame on you, Dr. Modin and on your assistant Cathy Phelps.

August 23rd, 2015
Horrible doctor!
Dr Modin has the worst beside manner! She was icy cold to me and extremely arrogant. When I started to ask her questions, she became extremely hostile. Several days after my initial appointment with her, I called her office because I had a few more questions. Dr Modin never called me back. Instead I was told to send an email to her secretary with my questions. After waiting for five days, I finally received a response, but it was from her secretary. I've never had a doctor like this who refuses to call me back. Dr Modin also was totally dishonest to me. She lies. Needless to say, I never would recommend this doctor to anyone. My advice is to avoid her like the plague!

May 7th, 2015
Dr. Modin is wonderful!!!

March 31st, 2015
Horrible doctor!!
I went for a concultation with Dr Modin, and I never went back. She is so awful! She has the absolute worst bedside manner, and ehe is dishonest. It is impossible to trust a dishonest doctor. I would not recommend her to anyone!

February 8th, 2015
Very disappointed with this doctor
Before my appointment with Dr Modin, I had done extensive research and made lots of notes and a list of questions. Dr Modin lacked warmth and great compassion. She gave me a very cursory physical. I explained to her that I wanted to take notes because I would not remember everything. At that point, the whole thing became extremely tense and hostile, and it was like me against her. She clearly resented my taking notes and challenging her. She downplayed every single side effect and made it seem like radiation poses no great risk and that it's just a piece of cake. I asked her specifically about the risk of lymphadema from radiation. Dr Modin told me there is zero risk and that radiation does not cause lymphadema, surgery does. I looked Dr Modin right in the face and told her that was completely contrary to every single thing that I had read on internet, and that includes the most authoritative sites like the Susan Komen site, Johns Hopkins, Sloan-Kettering, Mayo Clinic, etc. Dr Modin told me a "paper" had come out. Needless to say, i absolutely do not trust this doctor at all. She is terrible. PS. I gave her a rating of "1" above. I wish there was a "minus 10" rating because that would be more suitable.

September 13th, 2014
care and information
Dr Modin explained all of the options that were available to me and even explained why one was totally off the table. I would recommend her 100%. Wish there were 5 stars.